What New Cycling Christmas Gift Did You Give Receive

Got the green light to get a new bike come spring… looking at either a Trek Domane SL5 or a Argon 18 Gallium GS. Any thoughts, opinions?

1 Like

I have a preference for Argon18 but don’t know the bike. My roadies are Cinelli :slight_smile:

Get the one you like the look of!

congrats! I went to a local store in Fort Worth and the inventory was small compared to the large Dallas store. Online inventory is great, but I was able to find an incredible deal on Sugoi aero shoe covers. Sticker price was $45.00 but I bought them on sale for $10.43. Good luck with spending the free cash.

1 Like

Pioneer said they would need to install it but I’m pretty sure I figured it out. I just wish it didn’t cover my Garmin’s screen. Whatever, I already feel faster. I can’t wait until they release a version for my Elliptigo.

4 Likes

Your problem ain’t no “side note”, it’s a headline!

For the record, I gave my wife even more free time to do as she pleases whilst I’m on the trainer.
Side note - I may have a problem… :persevere:

Peloton Magazine and Cyclist (UK) Magazines. Always like getting these in my stocking! Something to read while everyone else is still sleeping. ha.

A gift to myself - a Canyon Endurace CF SL 8.0 in Flash Blue. Amazing bike so far.

A Twin Six all weather hoodie - probably the warmest, most well-thought out zip up I have ever had.

And the best thing? The Friday before Xmas, the last day of work, I started getting sick. Still recovering. So much for all my training plans. doh. But that is par for the course this year - a year of inconsistency due to illness and work. Here’s to 2019 everyone!

1 Like

Same, yesterday felt good enough to do a 45 minute aerobic endurance workout (Birch).

Peloton Magazine had a “renew and give a year free” offer that I took advantage of a month ago, and sent a year to my Wed night ride leader.

Great book, although it may create some significant expenditure!

I recieved a subscription to the five-letter Z word and a Vornado fan. Ready to crush the next four or five months inside.

1 Like

I got this one last year. Interesting reading for sure!

1 Like

Christmas is the most magical holiday when you want to give and receive gifts from your loved ones. Among the original gift ideas, I can highlight those that evoke emotions. For example, you can buy tickets to a favorite artist’s concert, a weekend trip to the mountains, a parachute jump, and the like. A personalized item will be a great option if you want to buy a meaningful symbolic gift. It is a truly original idea for a unique gift for your closest ones. At https://www.giftlab.com/, you can personalize any item and evoke sincere emotions in the hearts of your loved ones.

The key is to choose inexpensive bike things so the wife doesn’t really know how much you are spending. I gave my wife a specific link to a timber bell (I really did need one) that costs $25 and a bike took in the same range. Don’t need any further digging into XO1 group sets. :rofl:

Wife is a teacher. Will buy a bike for a kid who’s family can not afford one.

1 Like