20 min ftp test, setting resistance level

I have a Wahoo Kickr and I still do the 20 min ftp test - I don’t like the ramp test that much.

TR sets the resistance level of the kickr to level 3 during the initial prep effort and the full 20 min effort This is the worst for me - it sits right between two gears for my power output.

Is there a way I can set the resistance level to 2 or 4 prior to the test? Since I run TR on my computer, out of reach, it is hugely inconvenient to try and manually change during the test.

I downloaded the original TR 20 min test into Workout Creater, but I don’t think I can change the resistance level from there. Any help appreciated.

I should have said “resistance mode”. Here is the TR support text for using resistance mode during testing:
https://support.trainerroad.com/hc/en-us/articles/201869584-Testing-on-an-ERG-Trainer

So, what I would like to do is, beforehand, set the resistance mode to pretty much any level other than the one TR uses by default because I don’t want to be futzing around with my computer during the assessment.

@riku168 All you have to do to set the resistance level to 2 or 4 is:

1. Go into the Device Settings for your Kickr
  2. Change the mode to resistance
  3. Select the resistance level you want during the test
  4. Change the mode back to erg

This will automatically put the trainer into the resistance level you set when the testing interval starts.