2019 USAC MTB National Championships

Thanks Gly, they look good, no hookups or showers, but they have toilets

I’m looking for a room to rent Sunday, Monday and Tuesday July 21-23. My family will join me after that and I have arrangements for a larger place. If anyone is looking to offset some lodging cost, send me a message please.

Does anyone know anything about the course yet? Length of climbs? Etc

I can only imagine that it being on a ski hill and at 9k feet base that it will be a lightweight climbers course.

Yeah. I’m trying to train for the time of the climb ie 9 min climb or longer…if someone finds out or knows the area. Chime in.

Totally understand that.

I’m going to do some digging on the course tomorrow. I’ll share if I find anything!

2 Likes

Find out anything?

It looks like all the course maps are now up on their website.

2 Likes

XC Looks to be a 1.75 mile climb with 500ft. Rest is downhill and flat. Anyone know how longs this climb takes? Technical? etc?

The first part of the climb is on the dirt access road for the ski area. It starts uphill right away, and you’ll be fighting it out for position going up the road to the singletrack. Looks like they’re having us turn onto Green World for the next part of the climb, which is an easy singletrack. The descent down Lower Arapahoe/Upper Cherokee/Lower Cherokee isn’t particularly techy, but has some switchbacks near the top and some fun bermed turns toward the bottom. The flat looking part is Serenity - this is a fairly mellow climb, but has a few technical spots with rocks and roots that can keep you on your toes. Passing in here can be difficult in spot, it gets narrow in a few areas. Serenity spits you back out onto the dirt road at the resort, where you’ll head back uphill…

2 Likes

Awesome. How long do you think that climb is going to take?

Hard for me to say - I’m a Cat 3 female, so YMMV… I’d guess for me it’d be between 15-20 minutes climbing, so 10-15 min for fast guys??

Thank you that helps.

If you search the following segment on the Strava web-browser and filter the riders who have done it in the past month. You can start to see several rides that track very closely to the proposed course:
https://www.strava.com/segments/9579562

I’m pre-riding Monday, July 22 and will post a ride with power data and a link to a YouTube video to my Strava profile:

Start climb ridden by one of my friends. There is a local race this weekend so I’m betting there will be some Strava rides of the whole course and possibly some video.

1 Like

Thank you! If you see any of those videos, please link them here.

Here are some XC National course images from a training camp I did with the WE Devo team last weekend.
Follow them on Instagram for more course intel this week & next.

Opening climb about 600ft gain, 6:00-7:00 low/medium grade fireroad + 4:00-5:00 steeper singletrack up the downhill trails:

A 6:00-7:00 descent follows the downhill with top half more tight & twisty rock ‘natural’ trail & the bottom half as bermed flowy bike park w/ minimal rocks/roots:

Once down to the bottom, it’s a rolling trail back to the start littered with roots, rock gardens, bridges, & punchy climbs:

At the end of the lap you pop out on the service road again for a long, wide, flat sprint to the lap/finish line:

I rode the course easy in 30 minutes, 25:00 as a solid ‘hot lap’ on day three of training camp. I’d guess a 21:00-23:00 lap for pros, 23:00-24:00 lap for fast cat1 & juniors. 25:00-30:00 minutes for everyone else. I’ll be running Maxxis Ikon 2.35 (f)/2.2 (r) at 19/21 psi (145lbs b/w) for traction and control through the roots & rocks on a Scott Spark.

Hope this is helpful (and the images load correctly?). Look for more “race week” intel on the Intsa later this weekend and all next week!

Good luck to all. It’s a great course and will be super fun!

5 Likes

You won’t be able to get campground spots…they sell out months in advance every summer. You’re surrounded by US Forest Land though, so you won’t have to drive far to get in the woods and park/camp.

Does anyone know if they are going to live stream some of the races this week?