2022 Triathlon Challenge (Polls & Discussion)

Here is the official poll and discussion thread for the TrainerRoad Kona 2022 Triathlon Challenge. The guys will be taking on a full triathlon with foundation training and support events in 2022. Place your votes in the three polls below.

Reference info:

1) Fastest Overall Finish Time

• Nate Pearson
  • Chad Timmerman
  • Jonathan Lee

0 voters

2) Best Finishing Position within Age Group (Based on Percentage)

• Nate Pearson (Age 40)
  • Chad Timmerman (Age 50)
  • Jonathan Lee (Age 35)

0 voters

3) Predicted Kona Qualifer (Rolldown Allowed)

• Nate Pearson
  • Chad Timmerman
  • Jonathan Lee

0 voters

2 Likes

Additional polls for Individual Segments and combined Transitions:

4) Fastest SWIM Time

• Nate Pearson
  • Chad Timmerman
  • Jonathan Lee

0 voters

5) Fastest BIKE Time

• Nate Pearson
  • Chad Timmerman
  • Jonathan Lee

0 voters

6) Fastest RUN Time

• Nate Pearson
  • Chad Timmerman
  • Jonathan Lee

0 voters

7) Fastest TRANSITIONS (Shortest Combined T1+T2 Time)

• Nate Pearson
  • Chad Timmerman
  • Jonathan Lee

0 voters

3 Likes

Swimming and transitions from me? I think maybe Jonathan will have the fastest transitions.

I was OK in the pool but always used to swim zig zag in open water. I hope I can overcome that.

If the course is hilly Jonathan will have the fastest bike. I’d it’s flat it will be me :smiling_imp:.

If it’s flat, Chad will do the best relative to his age group.

4 Likes

M50-54 is quite competitive I think, and Jonathan might be better off going a year early to get into M30-34!

2 Likes

Very excited for you all and good luck. This makes me think a new feature will be rolled out like run/swim sync and also them being pushed to your device like cycling workouts do now at some point and maybe some new tri plans.

2 Likes

I was thinking what you should do.

70.3 warm up should be the Kona 70.3, you should do a collaborative podcast with IM talk who always have a camp for the race. There are Kona slots available there.

140.6 come over to England to do Outlaw full, be great to see you at a none IM branded race and it fits your criteria perfectly.

1 Like

Outlaw is a fantastic event. First iron length race for me, almost zero stress camping next door and having a five minute walk for bike drop off, race start and after the event. Only downside is that it traditionally has biblically bad weather :joy:

I was spectating at 70.3 WC in Nice and there were some absolute studs in all age groups up to and including 60-64. Some of the times being laid down were unbelievable. I think agree with @Nate_Pearson that @chad will likely do best relative to his age group but there will be guys running low 3’s off very solid bikes times in 50-54.

On a side note - for the sake of equality is there any female staff at TR that could get involved? There’s some great personalities in the female triathlon world that would be excellent guests and it increases the appeal and reach of the challenge.

6 Likes

I got fantastic weather in 2017 when I did it. These last two years though :frowning:

1 Like

Lucky you! I did 2018. I’m used to inclement conditions in the Scottish highlands but I was pretty shocked by how crap the weather was. You can’t control that though, and everything they can control at Outlaw is outstanding.

I can’t have us qualify for Kona at a 70.3. Props to those who do because they are super fast but I can’t have the podcast guys do it that way.

We are already going to stack the deck in our favor enough (swim lessons, running lessons, best training ever, best equipment, best travel/plan for most likely qualifier race).

3 Likes

We have a very special female new hire that we’re going to announce soon. I have to convince her that she needs to do the triathlon challenge. I’m 100% sure she will qualify as long as she doesn’t slice her tire during the race

She’ll probably have the fastest AG swim and fastest AG bike if that tips you off to who it is. :smile:

12 Likes

Awesome and congrats on the new hire, what will her official role be

She will be one of our new product managers. We are hiring a few.

1 Like

:open_mouth: Is it everyone’s favourite female podcast guest?

7 Likes

We will have to wait and find out!! :smiley:

2 Likes

Does this mean that YOU will have to wait and find out too?

No, I know :slight_smile:.