3 weeks of SSB1 MV done

After my first 3 weeks on TR, I WENT FOR A 50KM SPIN OUTSIDE, I WAS HOPING FOR SOME GAINS BUT FELT A BIT TIRED, I KNOW IT’S VERY EARLY IN MY TR PLAN TO SEE IMPROVEMENTS BUT JUST WONDERING WHAT STAGE HAS EVERYBODY NOTICED GAINS ON THEIR OUTDOIR RIDES.

It’s usually after the rest week where you notice some positive adaptations.

As for me, SSB1 MV is not where I notice big FTP changes, these usually come when VO2max work comes in. SSB1 is more about a form, effiency and leg speed for me.

2 Likes

Ditto that. I used SSBLV (with added rides) to get my body & mind back into workout mode, clear out the junk, and attain a usable level of fitness.

The gains are subtle; I have a hill on my daily commute that I use to gauge how I’m doing. It was the same every day except for the day I noticed I wasn’t breathing hard going up.

Would it be a fair comment to say thst SS stuff doesn’t necessarily make you faster but vo2 max stuff does?

Unless you want to be reasonably good at just VO2max efforts training all three systems will yield better overall results for doing well in say endurance events to road races or fondo type events, criteriums to ITT’s.

1 Like

“Faster” is a pretty loosey goosey term.
Faster TT? Faster sprint? Faster climbing? Faster changing a tire?

SS works to build your aerobic and muscular endurance.
VO2 works to build your cardio capacity.

I’d say you require both to go “faster”.

3 Likes

So does the criterium progression address all 3 skill sets… SSB, Short Power Build, Criterium.
Thanks