Add KJ per Week and KJ per Training Plan / Season (Feature Request)

I think it would be great in the calendar to have KJ per week or KCal per week

As a User
I Want an easier way of measuring how much energy I’ve expended each week
So That I am motivated to keep going

1 Like

I know Training Peaks has that on their weekly view. I always like looking at it for fun just to see what I’m burning a week.

Hey @kryters,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your suggestion with us!

kJ is a great metric for individual workouts because it helps to inform the athlete of how many Calories they burned in that specific workout, which is very useful for planning their nutrition strategy for that day.

On the weekly/monthly scale however, kJ does not inform our training or assist in getting faster. It may be interesting for some people, but for others, it could be potentially misleading since weekly kJ doesn’t influence or inform your future plans for training.

Our aim is to make our users faster as simply as possible. In order to reach this goal, we only display and aggregate data that will be useful for informing an athlete’s training. For that reason, we likely will not add kJ per week.

We completely understand the importance of motivation to drive your training, which is why we have created analytics charts to help you track your progress with meaningful metrics.

One such metric is TSS, or training stress score. This metric more objectively measures how much work you’ve done in a week relative to your FTP. By basing this metric on your FTP, it allows you to compare weeks more accurately as your fitness progresses through the season. The TSS chart looks like this:

This allows you to see your planned TSS, and how it affects your 6-week average, as well as see how consistent you’ve been in the past. In my chart, you can easily see that I was consistent through February, at which point I fell off significantly due to injury. This can be a great motivational tool.

A good way to stay motivated is to try to set a TSS goal for the week. Maybe you say “I want to achieve at least 250 TSS per week” and that can be a motivator for you.

Thanks again for the suggestion, let me know if there is anything else I can clarify for you :slight_smile:

1 Like