Adjusting a mid volume plan

I am soon going to attempt to move up to doing mid volume plans. I’ve had success on low volume with two additional rides.

My plan is to switch Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday to Sunday, Monday, Tuesday with either the Sunday or Tuesday as a group ride. This leaves Thursday and Friday as what would normally be the weekend rides. I’m fine for time but looking at some of the workouts both in length and intensity they look a bit daunting.

If I was looking to ease myself into the additional structured work over the first few weeks how am I best to do this? For example, Tunemah has some minus variations but the IF goes from 0.83 at 90-minute length to 0.90 at 60-minutes. Is that actually any easier, is there a better way?

Thanks in advance!

You won’t know until you try!

Another thought is that you could stick w/low volume and occasionally pick the longer version of your workouts. Or you could go mid-volume and occasionally pick the shorter version.

Sometimes the shorter version is only a shorter warmup and/or less rest to cut 15min off. Sometimes, the intervals will be a bit shorter. Sometimes there are fewer intervals. Sometimes it is all of the aforementioned.

Again, you won’t know until you try. You might surprise yourself! Give it a try and adjust as you see fit. Don’t be scared!