Am I missing out on some of the software functionality?

Hello,

(Only been a member for two weeks).

I feel I may be missing out on some functionality that I don’t know exists.

Somewhere I read if you pedalled backwards something happens to the intensity etc.

I also want to know how I can restart a particular workout again if for example it starts without me being ready on the trainer properly. I dislike that it starts as soon as I start peddaling when I am clipping in etc.

Also, how can I change a ride on the calendar without having to first delete it and then find another one. A few times I just wanted to ride a slightly easier version of an existing workout.

What is the best way to do this?

Are there any tutorials on using the software and the calendar to get the most out of it. When the software loads there seems to be a lack of options to click on to do any of the above etc.

Thanks,
Colin

Check out

the team have done a few walkthroughs, especially of the calendar and performance analytics.

Hey there!

Let me see if I can clear things up a little bit :slight_smile:

When you pedal backward, your power drops to zero for a duration of time. During the time that you are backpedaling, the prescribed power is not zero. Typically it is a recovery interval at around 60% intensity. By having these zero values in your workout, it will artificially increase your Normalized Power, as well as the Intensity Factor of the workout.

Firstly, if you dislike that it automatically starts, you can disable “Pedal to Play/Pause” in your TrainerRoad Settings. By disabling this feature, the workout will start and pause when you manually press “Start” or “Pause”. As for how to scrub forward or backwards, check out this Forum Post that summarizes the process for each TrainerRoad Device:

For now, there is no way to swap out planned rides added to your Calendar. However, you can assign a completed ride in place of a planned ride if you wish. For example, if you have a planned ride today, and you want to do a different ride instead, simply complete the “different ride”, and afterward, you can “associate” that ride with the originally planned ride. To do this, click on the completed ride, and then click the “Associate Ride” link. You can get a little more detail here in this article from our Help Center:

As for a resource to help you get the most out of Calendar, I would recommend checking out this chapter of our Help Center that is all about Calendar :slight_smile:

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions!

2 Likes

Thank you for the information.

I will definitely check it out.