Any CVR Racers Out There? (CVRCade)

My friend and I were also wondering why they didn’t partner with one of the other platforms and help give it a boost as an alternative where racing “matters” more than Zwift. Hoping something comes out today saying “Pysch! Just kidding, here’s what we’re really doing!” even though that will be pretty lame as well (but not as lame as the initial screenshots…).

Finally got my beta invite today, but everything they’ve been showing has slowly decreased my interest more and more and I’m not sure I’m going to bother installing it at this point. Anyone else check it out yet?

I got my invite… and am dragging my feet based on the issues and quality I have seen up to this point.

1 Like

I have an invite I won’t be using. No thanks. They went the totally wrong direction.

2 Likes

I got my beta invite through too. I’m not going to bother even installing it. I can’t seem to find any info about minimum system requirements. I had a read through the invite email, and the controls just sound too difficult to use when you’re riding. Far too many keyboard controls. I also don’t want to be hovering over my keyboard during a race dripping sweat all over it risking damaging my hardware. I’ll send them a feedback email to explain why I’m not going to participate.

I’m also not interested in the Physical Equalisation aspect of the game because, guess what, we are not all equal.

I think they’ve got this very wrong indeed,

2 Likes

Yeah, the whole keyboard thing is a no go for me as well. I make due with a wireless mouse next to my bike if I need to click on anything (like joining an event on Zwift or extending a cool down on TR), but other than that I just want to spin away. I don’t know how you’d be going for a sprint finish on a race and have to worry about moving your rider around on a keyboard to get around someone or not fall off your bike around a corner? :thinking: It sounds like you can turn some stuff off, but things like that (or the ability to “play” the game with only a controller… ) seem like odd things to spend development time on.

1 Like

We’re not missing anything, according to Ray:

:joy:

Looks utter rubbish. Not even going to bother installing the beta🙈

1 Like

It’s just so strange. What a letdown. I really enjoyed racing the series last year (although their ranking system had its own series of flaws) and I went as far as actually watching live racing with the final they had, but that was mainly to watch and see how Lionel Sanders would do (I didn’t follow the one after that). :canada::grinning:

1 Like