Anyone Else Riding SBT Gravel in Steamboat Springs this weekend

I’m headed to Steamboat for my first 100. I’m riding the blue course, 99.1 miles with 5973 feet of climbing between 6700 and 8200 feet above sea level. Looks like 30 miles of paved roads and the rest good gravel, no single track I can see. How many beers do I earn over a 100 miles?

This is schedule as a training ride for my “A” race, the Dakota 5-0 on 1 Sep. Fifty miles of single track in the Black Hills of South Dakota.

1 Like

I will be there. My brother in law is one of the race promoters. I’m doing the Blue course as well but have ridden up there a fair bit and rode most of the course at one point.

Will be a good day on the bike. I’m the one with the black Mosaic GT-1 in one of the other threads on here, although there is 650 people in the blue course so not likely anyone will see someone they know.

2 Likes

I’m riding the 140 mile course. Or that’s the plan, but we’ll see how it goes. My brother is in town for the ride, visiting from sea level. So depends how he does with the altitude. May take the bail out option and finish on the 100 mile course instead.

2 Likes

Excellent. I’ll be on an orange Salsa Cutthroat. Look for an old dude with a grey beard who’s Just Riding Along.

1 Like

I’m planning on the Black course with friends, hoping for sub 11 hours. I’m not in the shape I hoped to be, but I put out 95 miles on mixed terrain the other day in 6 hours and felt “okay-ish” so maybe there is some hope for me!

Look for the fat bearded Pactimo Brand ambassador on a trek checkpoint, say hi if you see me!