Anyone using a Whoop?

Bumping this for poll option.

For those that have a Whoop, do you think it’s worth the cost?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Well, I ended up getting one. I’ll report back.

1 Like

Curious to hear your thoughts. I really like WHOOP, but I’m nowhere near as deep into metrics as you seem to be when it comes to training.

Funny enough, I got the Whoop because I wanted to remove myself a bit from the data. I tend to go a bit overboard on analyzing. And as a mountain biker, I’m often generating more load than you can capture with just a power meter, so I wanted to try and have a way of getting this data without going crazy.

So far, I have to say I’m really impressed with their interface and the onboarding. The device is a little clunky (especially the double tap to reconnect) but the HR tracking is pretty solid.

I went to SkyPark (which is a pedal-up mountain bike park) and did about 3 hours of riding. The TSS wasn’t particularly high, about 100TSS for the day, but Whoop had a very high strain score, which matches how I felt afterwords. I was wrecked, due to the amount of energy you expend descending, especially in a bike park.

It’s still calibrating, but I’d say that it seems to be giving me more info than my previous solution of Fitbit Charge 3 + HRV4T.

1 Like

For those of you using the bicep band, any issues? I’m thinking of this since I need to take off anything on my wrists when at work, but would be able to leave the device on my upper arm. Otherwise I wouldn’t be able to track activity while at work.

For riding I could leave it on biceps or move to wrist, wouldn’t be a problem either way.

I used the bicep band.

For me.

Much…much better HR tracking when on the bike.
Much less accurate sleep detection.

It threw off my recovery metrics for a while until I started to correct the sleep times. I didn’t renew once my initial 6 months ended. It was neat but in the end didn’t really tell me anything I didn’t already feel. And I couldn’t adjust my schedule much to take advantage of the random weekday super green day’s.

If it was 9.99 a month I would have probably kept it.

1 Like

Wishing Whoop was available to Australia already! :sweat_smile:

Is it a pain to switch between bicep and wrist band on a day-to-day basis?

Yes. I’d just stick with bicep.

So you finally go with the Whoop and now this…

https://experience.whoop.com/upgrade-3?utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=gen-3-upgrade&utm_medium=email&utm_content=announcement-subscribers-all

1 Like

I’m within the 30 day window so I’m emailing support to see what my options are

2 Likes

Do it.

I was just about ready to breakdown and buy an HR strap, but looks like I might as well just upgrade.

Look to be some techy bonus features but Bluetooth is all I’m looking for.

1 Like

Anyone else upgrading or diving in for Whoop 3.0? I have been on 2.0 off and on for over a year…3.0 seems to solve a lot of my issues with better battery life and HR streaming. I am reluctant to blow $399 and keep the no monthly fee option when in 12 months or less who knows what new wearable will be on the market?

I just can’t figure out why they can’t put a display on the outfacing side so it can function at least as a basic watch, stopwatch, etc…

1 Like

That’s actually why I wear a whoop rather than another device. I want the information for analysis after the fact, but I don’t want to think about it in the moment and certainly not all day.

I’ve had my eye on Whoop for a while but never pulled the trigger due to not wanting a monthly fee/subscription. However… my Garmin HRM is on the fritz and probably needs replaced… since this broadcasts HR do you guys think that’s a viable option? It’s only broadcasts over BLE though right? I use a Garmin 920xt that’s ANT+ only, but I use my phone for TR

I am currently using Whoop 2.0 and signed up for the upgrade to 3.0. Among the upgrade’s other benefits, I am hoping (like ntdeck) that I can ditch the HR chest strap and just pair the Whoop with my Garmin & related apps. It will be great if it works!

Tbh I’d rather Whoop be able to read in outside data to overwrite segments where I’m working out.

For me personally, the chest strap is more accurate and has fewer dropouts.

2 Likes

This is all I want, and think it would be fairly easy to implement. Import HR strap data from rides/races, so I don’t have to worry about losing the whoop out on the road.

…and have one less tan line to worry about.

I find the HR accuracy when using the bicep band to be as good as my heart rate strap. Wristband is all over the place.

2 Likes