Anyway to import running activities from Garmin or Strava into TrainerRoad?

I did a hack before the the Calendar. So I don’t know if it still works, but seems likely.

Running… OK, I did a thing… and I want to see if I am crazy or on to a functional workaround.

I have been adding some run training to prepare for a duathlon in a few weeks. I do most of my runs on my treadmill, in Zwift. These runs upload to my Strava and Training Peaks accounts, but of course… not TrainerRoad.

So… I decided to try a test. I downloaded the run workout from Training Peaks and then did a manual import to TrainerRoad on the “Past Rides” section.

It imported (which I wasn’t sure would happen) and I used the “Estimate” function to assign some TSS. I picked “5 - Tempo” which gives a 22 TSS value. This compares to the 59rTSS from Training Peaks.

My goal is to try and account for the additional stress from the runs, while looking at my Training Stress on the Career page of TrainerRoad.

I am trying to decide if this is a terrible idea or not. I know TR is thinking about, and likely adding Run and Swim capability in the future. But I would like something to use until that time.

Thoughts from others (especially if you have already tried something like this) or Trainer Road staff? I only did one run, just to see if it could be done, but I plan to go back and pull in more if it seems to be useful and functional.

Am I destined to break something or did I just come up with a nice workaround?

Training Peaks Run:

TrainerRoad “Run/Ride”:
https://www.trainerroad.com/career/chader09/rides/36465478-morning-ride

1 Like