Best, cheapest, DIY hacks for standing desk for laptop, tablet, etc

Available in the UK and Italy as well (ASIN B01M4OOO84)

Check this out for 13$
https://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/musicians-gear-deluxe-conductor-music-stand?CJAID=10834278&CJPID=4485850&cjevent=0f2ce8b90ebe11e98123000d0a1c0e11

This look like sturdy enough to do the job and it is dirt cheap

I first had this setup with my bike repair stand.

I’ve since replaced the wooden shelf with a dedicated laptop holder which is attached to an articulated arm on the stand.

7 Likes

Sames. My first trainer “desk” was an ironing board. It’s the ideal height. My current desk is an amateur yet sturdy table I built with room for a fan (attached to a speed control) and a handy hook to keep my towel.

1 Like

That rug really makes the room.

3 Likes

I use a plant stand that we had around the house. It is small, height is at my handle bars. I keep it on my left and have my water bottle on it.

It really brings it together does it not?

4 Likes

@mellowdave So that’s where our rug went! LOL. We sold/donated ours, after upgrading the coach last year.

1 Like

It was in our living room for seriously 20 years, and when we changed some furniture, I finally convinced my wife to get it out of there. It works great in the cave.

1 Like

I mounted this wall “desk” in front of the trainer since I have it near a wall. It folds flat against the wall when not in use and is on sale for a pretty good price. I’m happy with it.

I did a DIY. Not the cheapest because I didn’t have the lumber and buying 6’ lengths at Home Depot isn’t the most cost effective.

2 Likes

1999-2017 for us!

1 Like

I’ve been using a music stand. It has holes for the cables to go through, and the 3-legged base fits nicely around my front wheel.
I’ve set myself up so that my laptop sits on the music stand with the sound controls close enough to reach. I also have a second, larger screen, which sits on a table a bit further away, which I use for youtube or netflix or whatever.

So I see that the Wahoo desk is 250.00, but then I saw this on Online. Looks to be the exact same desk.

https://www.pricefalls.com/product/rad-cycle-products-adjustable-bike-trainer-fitness-desk-portable-workstation-standing-desk/344501900?gclid=Cj0KCQiA7briBRD7ARIsABhX8aCPzRJyDlEj131uld8jLdJu3wASsOSG9BVZf91x9AJrptTP4Ex_OpAaAjFTEALw_wcB

2 Likes

It was mentioned in there as well. Seems there a few clones under different names out there.

Darn. I searched but this didn’t come up. Can you move the post?

I use an ikea Linnmon 100x60 (£6) with Olov adjustable legs (£11 each). There are cheaper options with fixed legs, but I wanted to be able to set to uneven floor, and sit or stand.

Great idea. I have these tray tables already. Just add a set of those ‘metal’ chair rubber feet and you are all set!

For $35 I bought a wall-mountable desk off amazon. I mounted it so it would be about 5 inches above my bars, and I’m gtg. Search for it there. (It can also fold down.) Best setup I’ve ever had across the 4 houses I’ve lived in the last 5 years.

Folding table with 2 mill crates to bring the laptop to eye level