Bluetooth Earbud (in ear) Recommendations

Just picked up a pair of these due to the suggestions here. Going to give them a whirl on the trainer tonight. Testing them off the bike they seem to be high quality for the price and they sound great! For Less than $25 I won’t care too much if they bust in a year or two.

1 Like

Another vote for the MPOW bluetooth ones, super cheap and mine have been great for well over a year.

1 Like

Hi there, do you have the active version or the normal version? Wondering about waterproofness. Thanks

Just the normal version. Fine when sweating on the turbo and used them in light rain. Haven’t been out in a deluge with them though

I’ll throw in another +1 for the Anker Soundbuds slim. I had a pair that I loved, but lost them somewhere and decided to try a different pair of bluetooth earbuds that didn’t have the cord, and regretting my decision. I’ll go back to the Ankers.

I switch between Apple AirPods and Beats X. The former is my preference for music. The latter, spoken word.

Aftershokz trekz titanium +1. I use these for most things now and they’re on the list of tech goodies that will be replaced if I kill or lose them. I simply rinse them under the tap quickly after a workout and dry them with a towel. Job done.

It’s worth noting that they can be used with a set of ear plugs in noisy environments. There’s a setting which will adjust the frequency range when used like this which works pretty well.

Well worth trying the fully wireless version if you felt the wired version worked well.
Enjoy.

1 Like

I love my Jaybird X3s. Have used them for over 1 year without any problem.

1 Like

Me too, I would buy them again. Although, I’d likely get the X4’s.

Agree with those posting cheap Amazon bluetooth’s. No need to buy expensive Jaybirds, I’ve been through several, huge ripoff.

1 Like

Fatal flaw for X3/SoundBud style for me: I can’t stand the inline controls on the cable between the earbuds. In hard workouts when form suffers it starts bouncing around and slapping your face. Super annoying.

I have the Bose soundsport wireless and really like them. Got them on black friday for $99 and solid headphones. I have had bose phones prior (wired sport) and they are still kicking after 5+ years.

1 Like

I’m also a fan of the sub-$20 MPOW set. I had a $100 JLab pair, but the MPOWs work just about as well, and for the price I like to keep multiple pairs around for extra convenience.

1 Like

That’s never happened to me once. Do you clip them to the back of your shirt collar?

You ride a trainer in a shirt? I don’t. Even with a clip, that control is still dangling right next to you cheek, I don’t see how it would help.

I ride in a base layer. Due to the weight of the control, without the clip it hangs longer on the control side. If you clip it, it’s an even length and doesn’t swing. Also, I find if you have it unclipped the extra weight is tugging on the earbud on that side, which I definitely do find annoying.

Unclipped:
IMG_8903

Clipped:
IMG_8902

+4! They are great for training. Sits well and let’s some ambient noice in (for safety).

They also got updated this fall.

1 Like

Wow, you should be a beta tester for any supposedly sweatproof earbuds! I wonder if the new Jaybird Tarah (IPX7) would work for you? I would guess probably not, eh? :grin:

I also have X3s. I let the cord hang down in front when i’m on the trainer. And I don’t notice the cord/controls at all.

Something else I was thinking you could try (if you haven’t already) is wearing them in the over-the-top-of-the-ear configuration. That might just keep them more behind your head than dangling to the side. Just a thought.

1 Like