Calendar feature request

Hi, I’m continuing to enjoy the new calendar functionality and have a couple of suggestions that would make it (from my point of view at least!) better.

The first thing would be to incorporate some sort of visual indicators on the graph at the top of the page showing up-coming races above each week they are scheduled. It could even just be “A”, “B” or “C”. I’d find this very helpful for visualising how the races correlate to where my fitness is (or is planned to be).

Secondly, would it be possible to allow the calendar to integrate with external calendars such as Google? Great for avoiding clashes when arranging social events and the subsequent wrath of angry friends and family members!

Both of these features are available in Training Peaks (something I’ve been using up until recently to manage my season).

Keep up the great work!

1 Like

Agreed, syncing TR workouts to an external calendars would be great. It looks like all the features you’re requesting are planned to be added eventually according to this post from TR.

2 Likes

Please Book mark this page:

You will see that syncing is on the Future Planned List

2 Likes

It would be nice to have the option on the calendar/day page to select a similar workout or variation, as per the app, where you can select the + or - versions of the workout.
I have populated my calendar with general build mid volume, but can only do 60 min rides, and the weekday rides are 75 to 90 min. I had to delete the ride and then search for the - version of the ride.

2 Likes

I like that idea and expect them to incorporate it at the calendar level.

But you can already grab the alternate version from the mobile app when you open the planned workout. It is under the “Workout Variants” section, just below the workout info.

Hi!

I have another request for the graph on the top. I do a lot of workouts outside mimicking TR workouts. Since they recorded with my Garmin they are not marked as TR workout, even though they are very close. Can you add a thrird category like “structured workout” that you and a third color (between the two shades of green), so that I can see how much of my riding is structured or free. Optimal I could add the time, for example if the first hour was structured and then I kept on riding for an other hour.

Thanks

Love the new calendar, really well done. I’d like to see a weekly TSS ramp rate at the bottom of each weeks total TSS. It’s one of the main metrics I track in TP.

I would love if the different workout boxes were colour coded. E.g., swim, bike, run, race, other in different colours. That way when I’m looking at my week I can quickly check that I have the correct number of each session.

Thanks for all the great updates to the calendar. One feature that would be great but I can’t see at present is the ability to copy & paste Annotations. This would be a quicker way of adding frequently used annotations.

I’d love to be able to copy all non TrainerRoad works planned in a week to a different week, instead of it only being possible to copy all workouts. I’d planned a whole host of off bike workouts but now pushed my calendar out a number of weeks and added a second build phase as I have time before my A event. I’d like to repeat the same off bike workouts and it took ages to put them all in manually!

This idea may be helpful.

1. Copy the full desired week (TR and non-TR).
  2. Paste into the future for an empty week.
  3. Delete the unwanted workouts.
  4. Copy this week as the new setup to your desired week.
2 Likes

Thanks, yeah that’s workable, especially as I do low volume plans so only 3 workouts a week to remove.

1 Like

I just started on TR today, and the calendar is something I’ll be using a lot. But it looks like there’s no way to modify the first day of the week. That would be really useful for those of us whose first day is Sunday. Keep up the great work!

That has been mentioned to the TR crew as a Feature Request.

Apologies. I looked through the logs, but I must’ve missed it. Thanks!!

No need to apologize. Just letting you know that you’re not alone. They have not stated if or when they will address the request.

With the addition of Plan Builder, I would like the option to request colors on the calendar. Example: I run LV plans, but will add optional workouts ahead of time and would like them to be identified as optional. A different color makes this quick and easy.