Can I start a workout with only HRM?

No access to power while unit in for repair and can’t test only HR as my subscription is inactive. Know my power:HR (ish) and need to do some base. No sensors for virtual power on gym bikes.

Thanks!

Trainer Road doesn’t support just going off HR. If you know your HR at different zones you could probably get some longer sweetspot-ish intervals in. There’s an option when you load a workout in Trainer Road to go through it even without a power meter reading. Then it’ll just go through the workout by time and should display HR on the screen at least.

I’m not sure how long it will take to get your power meter repaired but you could just focus on flexibility, core, and upper body until you get it back. Focusing on these potential limiters might help depending on what kind of disciplines you race. Although, a strong core and flexibility benefit every discipline.

2 Likes

Generally, I think they would recommend using RPE (Rate of Perceived Exertion) instead. Hopefully, you have a “database” in your head about how “hard” particular intervals and efforts should feel. Apply that and do you best to get close.

1 Like

Thanks for answers. I’ll give it a shot.

1 Like