‘Can’t Hurt Me’ by David Goggins

Anyone looking for a good read or audio book check out ‘Can’t Hurt Me’ by retired Navy SEAL, and ultra endurance athlete David Goggins. I just finished the Audio book and it’s just crazy what this guys has accomplished. His story is very motivating & inspirational, but it will also make you feel like a lazy, weak minded POS at the same time.

Some people swear by his hoo-rah motivational style (at least on social media). Me, I’m moderately more internally motivated and don’t need a shirtless man yelling at me on Instagram every other day. He does have a great life-story though, and that can be motivating enough.

1 Like

Love watching his videos on YouTube. If you like his style of motivation, CT Fletcher is another good one.

Been a fan of his for quite some time, if things get tough I think to myself “Do you have 2 broken feet and shit up your back?, No, so get on with it!”

You’ll have to read the book to understand :laughing:

You forgot the bloody urine down his leg

1 Like

I know many won’t agree with me, but I found Goggins to be pretty darn foolish. Cant you imagine how the guys on AACC Podcast would respond to some of his dumb training decisions (training on broken legs)?

here’s my review on Goodreads from when I read it: Peter Yock’s review of Can't Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds

…once again, I know a lot of people dig him. He seems to dig himself quite a lot too. But far out… what a terrible example.

2 Likes

Yep. He made some decisions that seem pretty stupid. Run a 100 miles with no training, and then be so messed up you can run for 3 months? Worth it?

The guys a beast though, and accomplished some very impressive things.

I’m currently re-reading No Shortcuts to the Top by Ed Viesturs. He has accomplished some very impressive feats also, but with a more sensible approach/outlook (as much as you can call climbing mountains sensible!)

3 Likes