COMPEX vs NORMATEC

Hi guys,

Has anyone have recommendations on the best recovery tool out there. I was thinking either the Compex or Normatec boots. Have any of you compared these two? Any other alternative?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Regards,

There was a mention in passing on one of the recent ‘Fast Talk’ podcasts (episode 52) that a meta-study found no benefit from EMS ( Electronic Muscle Stimulation) used for recovery. This was not said by the Normatec guys, but one of their other guests. I haven’t not tried to find that study, but would be interested hearing more details, as there was no discussion about this at all.

Hey swin2000,

I really dig the Normatec compression boots for recovery. They make everything feel so much better after a hard effort, and I always feel like i can bounce back faster for another hard workout after using them. The different attachments are a plus too. The section for hips definitely came in handy for me!

If you want just the legs though, go with Elevated Legs. https://elevatedlegs.com/ They are very similar to the Normatec, but will squeeze much harder. Something I definitely liked! I think they might be a little bit cheaper too!

I’ve got a set of the Air Relax, same idea as the Normatecs and I’m a huge fan of them too. I know there’s no science proven behind it, but anecdotally, the legs feel fresher after an hour in them and bounce back quicker.