Control with Ant+ Power Meter

I am trying to setup my Kickr Core to control using Vector 3 power pedals. I go into the Wahoo Fitness app and turn this setting on but then it doesn’t prompt me to enter the power source ant+ ID. I am using an Android operating system. Is this something that can only be done on iOS? Has anyone else experienced this issue? Thanks for the help.

I got this to work with my iPhone but after many tests I’m not convinced it actually does what it claims. Unless you plan to train using the Wahoo app, I don’t believe it will work while using the TR app.

No reason it shouldn’t unless TR has changed their code since August. I have plenty of TR workouts showing it worked like so.

I also could not seem to configure this properly on Android (ie enter ant+ ID). Has anybody gotten this to work on Android recently?

So you can confirm by setting the Kickr to use Ant+PM in the Wahoo app and then leaving the Wahoo app and doing a workout in the TR app that the Kickr is using the Ant+ power meter as it’s source? I couldn’t confirm that but haven’t tried since my last update either.

I just checked and I have been using my Kickr Core with this setting turned on for the last year and I can tell you it does not do a darn thing when training in TrainerRoad. I truly believe it only works when using the Wahoo app and no other time. My Kickr at times is close to my power meter readings and at other times way off. And I never changed that setting.

Contact support. I had the same issue on iOS. It used to work and that’s how I used to do powermatching. They messed it up, as wahoo does. Bunch of monkeys in barrel is what they are.

No fix yet

Yes, I confirm. It’s also a suggestion from TR to use instead of Powermatch. I’m no longer a TR user hence I can’t confirm since August it works in TR. I have however been using this method with my Garmins being the controller for plenty of interval workouts since August. I’ve never used a Wahoo app for a workout.

Yes also confirm. I used to do this as I had replied earlier to OP.

They messed it up.

Kickr V1 also broadcast cadence as well from ANT+ cadence sensor. They messed that up too.

That’s just adding to a list of things that frustrate me so much with wahoo.

The feedback I got from customer support is that this functionality is supported on iOS but not Android. Begs the questions why the option is even available in the Android app? Not very helpful…

I can say I’ve never used an iOS device to do this, always been on Android so they recently took it away?

Looks like I’ll just not connect my phone to the KICKR anytime soon.