Day after work out nutrition

I add a scoop of whey protein to my overnight oats - an easy way of getting the extra in too.

I also mix a flavoured whey (strawberry is my favourite) in with natural greek yogurt when having a fruit salad (I’d generally add muesli or granola too, for a bit of extra carbs but more importantly a nice crunch!).

I’ve switched over to the two methods above rather than the shakes I used to do - I find it more filling to actually eat, rather than neck a shake or smoothie. The 0% fat natural greek yogurt and a scoop of whey is actually less calorific for more protein than the whey shake made with 200ml of low fat/ semi skimmed milk, and I tend to have the same amount of fruit in either option. The smoothie is gone in a few seconds, the fruit salad is a few minutes at least!

1 Like

I do this as well. Whey powder in my morning oats (cooked; overnight seems to mess with my delicate tummy) and also in my post-ride choco milk recovery drink. I’ll lean more towards real food protein sources on rest days because, as you said, eating/chewing is kinda more satisfying than glugging down a shake.

Yeah, I actually forgot about the Porridge. I do the same most mornings - I’ve switched back from overnight oats.

Rather than 2:1 liquid to oats ratio, I add treble (generally a scoop of porridge, two scoops of milk, 1 scoop of water), a portion of frozen berries (80g), and then microwave (2 mins, stir, 2 mins at both home and work!). Then mix in a scoop of vanilla protein.

There’s enough sweetness in whey that I don’t need to add honey/ syrup/ sugar like I might otherwise too.