Deals / Sales / Discounts for Cycling "Stuff" (2018-2022)

That’s what happens when you own a Wahoo trainer with problems. You have to laugh about it.
You can cry but nobody cares.

2 Likes

Well I have, saw some reviews on YouTube from respected reviewers. Have read a few things on here as well. Just asked to see if i would get any other opinions since we (TR users) use trainers 3-5 times a week.

Mike

The opinions directly above say it all. I had 3 kickr snaps before I gave up. I’ve had 1 trainer since without issue and it’s lasted for more rides than the 3 wahoos combined. $499 is more than I would be willing to pay to try another. $249 would be more as well. You get the point. I have an ELEMNT head unit and it’s great. I have a tickr and a bunch of their speed and cadence sensors. They all work well. I just won’t own another one of their trainers.

I have a 2017 Kickr Snap and have been completely happy with it. No issues since I bought it in December 2017. Most recently I purchased a Quarq PM and my Kickr is within 1% accuracy of my PM. Maybe I just got lucky and bought a good one or maybe 95% of customer’s are happy.

Those that have had issues with Wahoo trainers are the most vocal (rightfully so) and present on forums. Clearly Wahoo had issues with many 2018 models. Wahoo is a great company and provide great trainers, but like any manufacturer of any product, there will be a percentage of lemons sent to the market. I wouldn’t let this small percentage affect your decision to buy a Kickr Snap. I’ve recommended the Snap to 2 friends in the past year and both have been happy with them. I think its a great trainer for the money.

1 Like

As much as I love trainer talk, please move that discussion to an appropriate thread.

I’d like to keep this thread focused on the the Deals/Sale/Discounts focus.

1 Like

This mirrors my experience. Picked up a Snap 2 or 3 years ago during the REI member sale in the Spring and it’s been flawless other than the stickers falling off the drum/flywheel. But with my massive power :roll_eyes:, nobody could reasonably expect otherwise.

3 Likes

I just came across that the STAC Halcyon Smart Trainer is on sale for 1/2 price ($495 CDN) on their website STAC Zero which I presume is a clearance of “STAC” branded products after the acquisition by 4iii,

This makes it considerably more attractive price now compared to direct drive competitors and closer to the price point that @GPLama mentioned in his review and in line with or below wheel-on trainers.

1 Like

Anyone found anything good on Amazon? Just saw that SIS is knocking 50% off some of their products, including Beta Fuel.

1 Like

Best Buy (in the US) has the Withings Body+ scale half off today.

In the USA, my local Dicks Sporting Goods was* selling the Thule Upride 599 roof bike carrier for $105 (reg. is $229). In store only, the Upride doesn’t appear to be on their website. They were marked down to $149, but they rang up with an extra 30% off. Other Thule stuff might also be on a discount, not sure… these looked like they were specifically on clearance. Dick’s also runs coupons (10%-20% or $20 back on $100) pretty frequently, so see if they have anything you can stack. Regardless, this seems like a steal for a brand that rarely goes on sale.

*i grabbed the last 2 they had at my location

1 Like

FYI the summer Rapha sale is on now. Two sales a year, August and January. That’s when I get all my Rapha kit. Enjoy.

2 Likes

CycleOps H2 Smart Trainer, Clever Training - $789.99 with coupon (KVGLMR)
https://smtbk.co/h2
From Tariq and his FB page.

Looks like a great deal if you aren’t set on having the “new” version that might be coming this fall.

2 Likes

Anyone have an H2 for the Specialized Epic? I would buy this but it doesn’t look like the brain will fit in that gap.

1 Like

Not an Epic, but a Trek MTB for reference:

Epic

The bottom is where it hits on my Elite. Do you think this will clear?

Looks like it could be a problem. (2nd & 3rd pic above)

I can take some pictures and measurements with mine, if you’d like.

You could ask @Nate_Pearson, since I know he likes the Hammer/H2 and may have used his Epic on with one for training (but I don’t remember him mentioning it specifically).

1 Like

If it would be easy to do I would definitely put the measurements to work. Thank you!

1 Like

2 Likes

That’s perfect, thank you! :pray:t5:

1 Like