Did you get a few emails today, Nate? šŸ˜œ

Keegan Swenson came out from Utah to give me a mini training camp. We went out for a steady diesel day for the final one and snagged a certain KOM that @Nate_Pearson is particularly fond of :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

https://www.trainerroad.com/career/leejonathan/rides/43828501-morning-ride

In all seriousness though, kudos Nate. That was a solid solo effort!

36 Likes

This is taking ā€œoffice rivalryā€ to a whole different level. Build a platform for all your users to share experiences and informationā€¦proceed to publicly call out your boss.

LOVE IT.

15 Likes

So you and a pro rider worked as a team to get my solo KOM?

Looks like you guys got it all during the descents and the flat back to Reno.

No biggie. Iā€™ll get it back later on my TT bike.

55 Likes

giphy-6

16 Likes

Careful where this leads, lads :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

You put down a good effort @Nate_Pearson! Youā€™ll smash it on the TT bike, then thatā€™ll give me something to chase solo once I am actually fit :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

6 Likes

You are already fitter than me when I got that KOM. Your unfit is my fit. :crying_cat_face:

8 Likes

I think you should stop tempting @Nate_Pearson and let him recover first. :smiley:

1 Like

We were genuinely surprised by how fast your KOM was. Saying ā€œ20mphā€ doesnā€™t do it justice with those climbs. Bravo :clap::clap::clap:

5 Likes

Iā€™m just stoking Nateā€™s fire for when he comes back! Heā€™ll come out swinginā€™ :facepunch:

8 Likes

haā€¦ tough part about strava is that there is no asterisk for doing the segment with another rider(s)

So jealous seeing all those sunny skies. The east coast has just been miserable this year for weather. Good thing Iā€™m paying a subscription for an indoor training plan.

3 Likes

Calls out his boss on the forumā€¦ Only at TR!

ā€œYouā€™re on the wrong side of a PhD to be talking like thatā€ is a common response to the grad students when they do stuff like thatā€¦

Regardless, itā€™s brilliant @Jonathan

2 Likes

My question isā€¦ Does Keegan not use strava at all?
I wonder if @Jonathan just drafting the whole way while Keegan is riding tempo :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

He does. That ride is on Strava.

Yep, if you check out the ride now, I lost a couple KOMs to him after he uploaded, hehe.

Iā€™d say it was about 60/40 with Keegan on the 60 side. We had a goal to keep it close to 240w for me (230w for Keegan). Frustrating part is that was Sweetspot for me and I think Keegan didnā€™t even breathe through his mouth, hehe. Luckily thatā€™s what his training called for, and it worked well with mine. :+1:

4 Likes

NVM I just dig through strava!
But whatā€™s crazy is Keegan was just cruising on Z2 54% of the ride!!!
While Jonathan was between z3 Tempo and Z4 Threshold most of the time.

God vs mortal. SMH!

2 Likes

Yep, exxxactly. Nate makes me out to be fast and naturally gifted, but Keegan is in a different galaxy than the rest of us.

2 Likes

I feel you! I did a group ride with Justin Williams yesterday as part of Assos speed club, we were climbing side by side at 325 +/- watts for a 10min climb, I was dying and he was chatting away the whole time! Heā€™s not even a climber :confused:

Canā€™t wait to hear all the analysis and inside scoop on the podcast!
Now let me up my training on TR!

1 Like

The amount of work riders like Justin and Keegan have put in is supremely impressive. Simply a level above. :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Just curious, how did you figure the zones he was riding in ?

Tim.
:facepunch: