Disaster Day, 2019 (?)

The December date will probably be two or three days after my race at CX nationals. I will enjoy following along whilst eating pizza and donuts.

3 Likes

Count me in! That was a fun day indeed!!

3 Likes

It sounds like a ridiculous idea

I’m in

4 Likes

I cannot believe someone is actually looking forward to it this early. You are a sick, sick person.

I started thinking about it in June. :smiley:

6 Likes

So glad I am not the only fool that is excited about this!

5 Likes

To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost.

Gustave Flaubert

3 Likes

Missed out last year but I would be up for a shot at this.

2 Likes

Surely the important question is should we make a +1 and +2 version to really drive home the sadism?

2 Likes

Oh I’m a glutton for punishment, I’m in. December sounds perfect. Gotta burn off the holiday cookies.

2 Likes

I’ll say that I’m a tentative yes. Last years event was great, but I’m having surgery just before Thanksgiving this year, so it may not be feasible.

1 Like

Newbie considering this… I think you’ve hit insanity version

2 Likes

9 Likes

I think we should only do a +1 or +2 if we can include in the description “This one goes to 11.”

2 Likes

Im totally on board with that… but I think you need to find a way to fit 11 intervals into one of the sections if you want the description to be accurate :smiley:

2 Likes

Small update that work for the Big D is in process.

We will be announcing the dates and details of Disaster 2019 in mid-October.

6 Likes

What is disaster day…and why does it sound appealing and terrifying?

2 Likes

Welcome… Read the rabbit hole and realize your season is not quite finished

1 Like

2018 D-day was a big success! The “Big D” planning committee is hard at work on 2019’s big event, and as Chad mentions above, the details will be provided at mid-October’s launch.

However, our primary goal is to make the event as inclusive as possible (lots of details). At launch will be D, D-1, and D-2. If there is sufficient interest, post-launch we will develop and offer a D+1.

2 Likes

If you are truly interested in getting a head start to answering your question, there are almost 1,200 posts in the 2 threads Chad pinned to the top. Happy reading :slight_smile:

We did a special event last December, where we did the delightfully challenging workout that Coach Chad made a long time ago.

Main thread from last year.

Live discussion from the big day.

2 Likes