DiscourseHub iOS app

I read this forum on the iOS app. Suddenly it has this bar at the top and it gets in the way. Does anyone know how to get rid of it. Notice in the 2nd screenshot you can’t see the subject of this post.

I read another forum with this app and it has a different header bar. I’m not sure if Trainerroad can change it.

1 Like

I have the same issue.

iPad and iPhone. Update happened about a week ago.

Worst thing is you can’t see the first line of text when replying until you’ve written a couple of lines.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve got the same problem. It’s a pain.

It is annoying, but seems better on this forum.

This is still happening to me. Making edits is becoming real tiresome. Having to keep swapping between landscape and portrait to try and see the original text. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Hi Gang,

Trying to understand the issue a little more and have a few questions. Can you let me know:

• Are you using the Discourse app on your phone or using the browser, such as Chrome or Safari?
  • What phone, or device, are you viewing the forum on?

I have a hunch that the culprit might be the app itself with the way it’s rendering the page, and that using the native browser might correct the issue you are seeing.

We definitely want to make sure the experience is solid for as many people as we can. Your input is much appreciated!

I am using iOS 12.3.1. on an iPad pro 10 and an iPhone 7

I’m also using it through the discourse app.

It looks like it is the grey bar with “Get Faster at TrainerRoad.com” in it that might be causing the issue as it overlays text. As in the attached image.

I will check now in chrome on the iPad.

@trjosh This is in chrome on the iPad again

Not so bad as I can see the text but that grey line is still there.

I also using an iPad Pro with 12.3.1 I am using the native app.

I also follow Tidbits on this app and it looks like this. It looks better. Not sure how they formatted it that way.

Yeah. The bar over your content like that is no good.

Is the bar primarily a burden when you are replying to or creating a post, or does it always get stuck over the content like that for you?

We’ve made a small adjustment that should fix the bar being over the top of your view when replying, or creating a post. Feel free to give it a shot and let me know if that’s still a problem for you.

Looks much better to me. The bar has gone. Thanks for sorting it out.

1 Like

@trjosh Thanks. Just tried on the iPad and all good.

1 Like