Does anyone have recommendations for a Patellar Tendon brace (for cycling of course)?

Does anyone have recommendations for a Patellar Tendon brace (for cycling of course).

I’m still rehabbing Patellar Tendonitis in one of my knees and my physical therapist said I may want to look into wearing a Patellar Tendon brace as I get back into riding.

I tried a Patellar Tendon strap but didn’t see any difference.

Thanks.

I’ve been dealing with the same issue since February. I just went to an orthopedic surgeon and unfortunately there isn’t anything but time that will heal my particular micro-tears in the patellar ligament/tendon. It could take over a year, because there is very little blood flow in that patellar tendon area. Cortisone isn’t an option either. He recommended to ice the area immediately after getting off the bike.

I use KT tape and it seems to work the best for me.

I wouldn’t recommend hiding the pain. Listening to the pain may help you get better. Not listening to the pain is what gets us into this problem in the first place. Just do lots of body weight squats and then progress to single-leg exercises or weighted squats. That’s helped me at least. I wish bikes came with a sticker on them that says “warning - causes tendonitis at low cadences.”

1 Like

McConnell Taping? I had the same issue eons ago. Physio showed me how to put a big ‘H’ of tape across the patellar displacing it to a new range of motion. Worked a treat for me on the bike.

Now running is a different matter…