Does it matter if you use a 105 4iiii left Crank power meter with a right side ultegra crank

Just wondering, if you used a 105 4iiii left Crank with an ultegra right , is there any performance loss through power or in pedalling technique or any loss in performance at all.

1 Like

NO as long as they are the same length

2 Likes

I doubt it very much. The Ultegra one will be slightly lighter but it is attached to the drive train so I doubt you would notice the difference.

1 Like

I had two different cranks but they were same length…that is the important part and I noticed no difference.

1 Like

I’ve been using a 105 and Ultegra 4iiii power meter on Tiagra, 105, Ultegra and Dura ace chainsets with no problems at all. Don’t over think it, they’re great power meters.

5 Likes

As above, no issues whatsoever as long as the RHS HT2 crank is the same length. Theoretically you could even swap it with mtb cranks

1 Like

I have a 105 4iiii left crank on a 2005 Dura-Ace right, and have previously had the same 4iiii crank on a 2006 Ultegra right. Zero problems with either setup. So not only do I have mixed 105 / [Ultegra/Dura-Ace], my mix spans 13 years of models.

As long as your right is HollowTech II, you’re set.

The biggest problem I have is that the 4iiii crank is black, and my Dura-Ace/Ultegra rights are silver. So perhaps I look dorky. I can live with that.

Only to people who can see both sides of your bike at the same time :+1:

5 Likes

I use my 4iiii 105 crank with Tiagra on two different bikes with no issues at all.

Just make sure same length!

1 Like

And of course your cadence will be so high only a blur will be showing !!!

Thanks for all the help

I use the 4iiii 105 5800 left crank with a full Sora groupset. I could use a dura-ace or an ultegra one but for 299€ i have the same data

My exact same setup! :smiley:

I have 105 4iii left and dura-ace right. Works fine

1 Like

No it doesn’t matter at all!

I have Dura-ace 4iiii left with a 105 Crankset. Dura-ace was on special at the time.
105 Crankset was also on special at another time.

Interestingly the left side dura-ace with 4iiii weighs almost exactly the same as a left side 105 crank without.