Editing a Plan Builder training plan (sickness, travels): dynamic or not?

The plan is not yet able to push/pull/adjust your training for events added after the initial Plan Builder is completed. Basically, all that would do is remove all your rides on the week of your vacation and replace them with no-TSS races. The same effect could be achieved by simply deleting the scheduled workouts and setting an annotation titled “Vacation.”

And in the past, when you only skip one week, we would recommend just picking up where you left off upon your return, so this is technically only one week different than our past recommendation. Due to the use of -1 versions to Ramp yourself back into training, it is an equally viable way to jump back into your training plan :+1:.

1 Like

For one week that works. Unfortunately, I was sick longer than that, and I ended up recreating a new plan from scratch. That took me a bit of time, but ultimately, I think it was the better for me, especially knowing how important the base phase is.

It is also good that you told me that Plan Builder isn’t dynamic yet when it comes to races being added after the fact. When I created my training plan, the 2020 race schedule hadn’t been released yet. So I ended up adding placeholders (I just extrapolated from last year’s events). Even now I added some races provisionally — those are races I want to participate in, but I have to see what my team mates want to do this year, too.

In any case, I know you guys are working hard on dynamically adapting training plans to life.

1 Like