I have been training here for a bit more than a year, love the product. I train on an Elite Drivo which I like too, but I did notice one thing I am wondering if anyone else has, in case you have a fix or a better work around than I do.
There are two different issues, both happening in ERG mode. The first is I will sometimes get a few seconds dropout in power where there is no resistance. I’ve seen people talk about the connection with iPad (bluetooth), but it seems fine since there is still some power reading working at that time?
The second is a bit more annoying. The trainer will sometimes get stuck in a higher power than it should. It isn’t a display issue, the trainer is 100% forcing me to produce those wattages. Here is what it looks like with Goddard:
Here the interval was 30s at 306W but the trainer gave me more than 400W for each interval.
Random thoughts on this issue:
- It does not happen every workout. May happen only once, may happen multiple times.
- Generally happens when the power difference is much higher (eg. going from 125W to 300W).
- Changes in cadence at the time the power changes may increase chances of this happening.
- Pausing regularly, especially before the power change in the rest period, seems to help avoid this.
- There are two ways to get rid of it: completely stop pedalling (then the trainer does a “reset cycle” in a few seconds), or power through it. I’ve powered through it a few times and it seems to reset after 30-40 seconds, at which point it goes to the right power output. I generally have to stop pedalling to do the reset cycle, as powering through just isn’t going to allow me to finish the interval (unless it’s short like in example)
Has anyone seen this behaviour? Do you have a way to fix it, or work around it better?