Elite Suito and Powermatch (external Powermeter, Assioma Uno)

Hi everybody!

I own the brand new Elite Suito. I want to use this smart-trainer together with my powermeter-pedals (Assiomo Uno). I enabled the “powermatch”-feature in trainerroad (both devices are connected with Ant+).

But it seems, that the trainerroad-software does not control the trainer during a workout. The restistance does not change at all. In the device-view of trainerroad I can see both devices.

If i disable “powermatch” everything works as expected.

Do you have any ideas?

Best regards

Martin

Make certain that you have “ERG” mode selected (which you probably do, but it’s worth a check) in the devices section of the trainer.

Short of that, you may be best to contact support@trainerroad.com with such a new trainer. There may be something “not easy” to find or fix here.

1 Like

Hi!

I am already in contact with the support, but it seems I have got a broken smarttrainer, because since today no resistance is regualted at all.

Best regards

Martin

Wow, that’s a bummer. Sadly, I’m reading a range of issues with the Suito launch. Hope they get it squared away, because I think it could be a great trainer.

3 Likes

Yes, I am very unhappy. During my first few trainings with the Suito, I noticed a very slow response in ERG-Mode as well. If you want to do a short sprint (50 seconds, about 260 watt), it takes over 30 seconds, until the unit catches the target watt. At the first 5-10 seconds the unit increases the resistance up to 450 (!!!) watt, right after this, the watt decreases very slowly to the target-watt. This is not usefull at all.

On the other side, the device is great. The cassette is mounted and you can start with the training in a few seconds.
The new PML-Feature works fine (you can bind the external powermeter directly to the smarttrainer. You do not need Powermatch at all).
But on the other hand, you have to configure PML with the Elite-Software with a laptop, because the Android-Version does not have this option even though it is described in the manual, how to change this in the Android-Version.

Today I will send it back and order a Wahoo Kickr Core…

Best regards

Martin

1 Like

Hello!
I do not why, but today I was able to switch on the trainer again.

Today I reconfigured my configuration. I placed the BTH-Dongle right next to the smarttrainer (gap less than 20cm). The data reception was at 100%. I did not use powermatch (trainerroad)

At the beginning of the workout everything was fine. But after the warm-up the mess began. The restistance should increase to about 210 watt but the trainer jumped
to about 370 watt. And it took too long until it was in the target-zone. And after this it wobbled again.

Right befor the third workout-part I resetted the trainer. After this things went a little bit better… From my point of view this trainer is not mature, because I think a working ERG-Mode is a very basic feature.

This smart-trainer sucks, this is my opinion. :confused:

Best regards

Martin

1 Like

I am also having problems, please read my experiences here. Would not recommend this trainer because of the problems and poor support so far.

https://www.trainerroad.com/forumsearch?q=suito