Export TrainerRoad Workouts to Zwift

Why not follow TrainingPeaks, Xert, and others in allowing the export of your workouts to Zwift (.zwo format), or as a file I could load onto my Garmin (.tcx) so I can ride it outside? I and many others I know would much rather ride on a real or mock road than a graph. I don’t understand the concern and believe TR has much more to lose from not doing this than doing it.

I asked TR about this before and the answer makes sense - if you could easily export, it’s not about the individual use, but someone would post them for public use. And then less people would use (and financially support) TR.

@fasterthanever is spot on there :+1:

That being said, we do understand that many users wish to ride in the Zwift ecosystem while completing their training within TrainerRoad. For those cases, it is possible to use both applications simultaneously.

If that’s something that you’d be interested in, check out this article:

Cheers!

Thanks for the replies. I’ll try running them together and see how that goes. However, if I save the Zwift ride you’ll miss the name promotion you get on Strava. Moreover, I believe you have more to gain from doing it by preserving current users and adding new ones, than you’d lose to rule breakers. In fact, I’d suggest adding a warning about sharing workouts before every export. Honestly, I’m considering droping TrainerRoad in favor of Xert just because of their feature allowing exports to Zwift. Somehow Zwift automatically puts the Xert workout it in a separate “Xert” folder. I wonder if that helps prevent sharing or at least tracking down violators?

I think that core TR users don’t really care about them “gamifying” the workouts and probably TR guys knows about that so they prefer to spend energy developing the workouts.

I think many of us that have been using both TR and Zwift for a long time appreciate the benefits and limitations of each platform. They serve a slight different purpose for most. Running both platforms simultaneously seems to be the best option for almost everyone wanting to follow more than just a graph when doing a workout.