Extended cool down

If I’m using the PC app, what’s an easy way to add another few minutes at the end of a workout?Thanks-Jim

1 Like

PC and Mac app does not have that functionality yet (mobile does). So, the easiest way is to start another workout, Freeride or Recess are good ones for this.

Perfect; thanks, -Jim

Prior to the extend option becoming available on the app, I used to just pause the ride (continuing to pedal) when it was at the wattage I wanted.

In ERG this kept the KickR at X-watts, not sure about other trainers of if this will work on Mac/PC

same issue i’m on MAC … i created some custom workouts for longer warm ups and cool downs on the workout creator … v simple to use.

really hoping the release ‘extend’ features for MAC and PC apps soon … as all my days have about 3 rides in them atm…

1 Like

This is what I do as well - - I have the basic free ride workouts and others in my Favourites tab so I can quickly select them when the ride ends since I just have a wireless mouse next to my bike and don’t want to get off and type their names in. Sometimes I just extend my cool down by a few minutes if the cool down really gets cut off as it does in some workouts, but I just keep the recording going on my Garmin rather than starting up a new TR workout. Interesting to hear some of that functionality is built into the mobile app though.

I’ve been tacking on an extra 10 minutes of cool down to most of my sessions and it seems to be making a huge difference in recovery. Much less soreness and much fresher feeling legs the next day. Extended cool down really seems to be a secret weapon.

2 Likes

Hi! Came across this thread today and wanted to follow up and let you all know we are actively working on this feature for our desktop apps. Will post another update when it’s available for all of you. Hang tight!

7 Likes

Update - This feature is now in beta for our desktop apps.

If you’d like early access here’s a link to our beta program: Join the TrainerRoad Beta Program to Get the Newest Features - TrainerRoad

Once this feature passes beta testing, I’ll update again when it’s live in our production apps.

5 Likes

It’s a brilliant feature. I do all my TR workouts on an Android phone so I guess I was lucky to get it early.

If I’m short of time I like to do some of the “minus 1” workouts. However, these are often a bigger workout crammed into a shorter timescale by having very short cooldown. Using the extended cooldown allows you to do these workouts with a enough of a cooldown period, but still saving precious family time or whatever.

1 Like

SO HAPPY to see this at last!

everytime i log in on OSX i have been praying for this feature to be integrated.

I used the BETA this morning and all worked perfectly …

will keep you posted - but thrilled to see this finally in place!!

:pray:

2 Likes

I would love this feature. i appreciate a 1 hour session or whatever, but often feel I need another 10 mins spin rather than just 5 mins at the end. This would be great.

I downloaded the beta but didn’t know my PC kept the original app so I in today’s ride when I was all set to test it I couldn’t figure out how to do it :frowning: then I realized I didn’t open the beta version. My bad…Maybe tomorrow I’ll try it.

Hey all - forgot to update, but extend warmup and cool down is live in our Mac and PC now. Enjoy!

3 Likes