Favero Assioma Users

I do the same for TR workouts. I trust the pedals to give me a truer wattage, so I’d rather have those dictating my TR workouts. The “extra” watts are just a bonus for Zwift rides, which are mainly to pass the time during TR workouts.

1 Like

You CAN pair the pedals in both systems, I simply pair them as my power and cadence source in Zwift, and then pair them again to TR, this way the power even matches. It was interesting to see the differences between the trainer and pedals, but I just run everything on the pedals now for consistency.

1 Like

Yup. I think I’ll do a ride or two still on virtual and just monitor the assioma, just to see the difference. But yes I plan on doing a ramp test to get the correct numbers. Hoping my virtual FTP is low but we will see.

1 Like

I just got a pair last week, and one thing to note if you want cycling dynamics to work properly on Garmin head-units make sure to change the mode in the Assioma app to transmit both data sets. I was having issues was comparing it to a quarq which I know is reliable and finally decided to change this setting.

The pedals are great so far and track very well comparing to my quarq. Last workout overall averages were within 1 watt for 5, 10, and 20 minute times.

I would suggest loosening the tension screws a bit to allow easier release. I came from look max pedals with a pretty high release, and these at medium were harder. I think that I will tighten them back once they break in a bit. They were very hard to release and I have been riding for a few years I didn’t trust myself to ride outside.

Looking forward to riding with these more! Happy Training to All!

2 Likes

Pedals showed up today. Mine came with black springs. Right out of the box they are in the middle of the tension range. I think are the perfect tension.

So I rode today still on virtual in TR, but was watching my true power from the pedals on my head unit. Wow vitual power was way off the higher I got. At 240 virtual, I was at 320 from my Assioma’s. I’m going to do a ramp test tomorrow. Excited to see what my true FTP is.

5 Likes

Post your results!

1 Like

Ended up with an FTP of 249. Virtual was 200 so that made for a long test and I bailed at 26 mins in. When I was riding yesterdays workout, 120% intervals so virtual was 240, my actual power was 320. The higher the wattage, the farther the virtual from real power got.

2 Likes

Any tips on where to buy assioma duos in Europe for the lowest price possible? I’ve seen in US web store about 200€ less than what is commonly priced in European stores but customs is a problem so that may not be a good deal buying them outside the EU.

1 Like

https://www.bikefast.co.uk/assioma-duo-pedal-power-meter?number=SW10844&gclid=CjwKCAiAhJTyBRAvEiwAln2qB67bXu08Mt2Xbpw1hmuFhvC1IIejIxYEYxK0fJk7uS8_Ha-QeuB5dBoCF3wQAvD_BwE

£575 - just bought a pair and quick service from DE.

1 Like

What’s DE?

DE = Deutschland = Germany

1 Like

The link is from UK so I wasn’t thinking on DE to be the normal DE :slight_smile:

Yes confusing sometimes , my guess is they ship from Germany

I can’t find the DE website. How’s it done? Do I place the order on the UK website and inside it there’s a way of choosing delivery from Germany?

Yes place the order on the website and they will ship to your address from their head office in Germany .

Delivery cost to the uk is 5.95

1 Like

I’m from Portugal so the delivery rate must be different. I’ll Chek this on the weekend on my laptop. I’m on the phone righ now. Thanks!

1 Like

It’s the same :wink: for orders from 250£

1 Like

I just realized 575 pounds are almost 700 euros. It’s not a bad price but not a great deal. From the US in the cristhmas sales they were below 500€. How is this possible if it’s an European product?

I bought mine from Mantel: Favero Assioma DUO Power Meter Pedals - Mantel

£579, but free delivery :wink:

1 Like

That’s almost the same value all around European websites. Crazy about how it’s much cheaper in the states wen its an European (Italian I think) brand.