[Feature Request] Bring back bucketed Personal Records

I know you can see PR’s in the graph online but can we also go back to the old fashioned list we used to have?!

Also, notifications that tell you when a PR has been broken and what that PR is.

These would be nice

19 Likes

Just bringing this up. I have a bunch of rides with a bunch of personal records, but I have no idea what and when and how long and whatnot. Would be nice to have clear numbers and dates of what the PR was.

11 Likes

I 3rd this!!!

Let’s get this done Nate.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

While I’m not looking for a replacement of the graph - it is awesome - however, there are standard time frames that would be nice to see in a simplified table - Peak 1s, 5s, 1min, 5min, 20min, etc.

There’s something not as satisfying to see you had 109 PRs on a ride or workout when the granularity is in 5sec increments.

4 Likes

I’ve wanted to make this post as well with the remark along the lines “Woo! I just got a 3:47 minute power PR! But sadly I didn’t get one for 3:45.” Being able to get a PR on every second is a bit like participation trophies. I agree with the rest that yeah sure the graph is fine but actually keep track of the milestone PRs like 1 minute, 5 minute, etc. as they used to.

3 Likes

Just come back to TR after not touching it for 5 years and am missing the “old fashioned” list!

Is there a toggle to turn it on at all, or is it just the graph??

1 Like

The traditional list has been replaced by the graph during recent updates. The team believes this gives you a more “complete” look of all of your power figures, rather than just a few that the bucketed table is able to display.

It is a more complete look but many of us end up having to click on the same points with per-pixel accuracy every time. It’s a pain. Keep the graph, supplement it with a table that displays 30s, 1m, 8m, 20m, etc. Easy.

It’s also really asinine to see a gold PR “All Time x10” on an activity and then have absolutely no idea which 10 points on a super high resolution graph that actually applies to without fine combing every single point on the graph.

7 Likes
  • I also think there should be a quick reference for the common time elements. I like the ability to dive into the data deeper, but an easy to review summary would be greatly appreciated.
1 Like

I totally get where you guys are coming from, and I really liked the old buckets as well.

While the decision was made to move away from bucketed records, we are always open to user feedback. The more attention and user support an idea gets, the more likely we are to implement it. So if you’re interested, feel free to let us know in this thread!

Note: I have changed the name of the thread to make the intentions more clear

7 Likes

:pray:

• bonus points for coloring the 1-sec graph with those PRs
  • bonus points for allowing me to create a handful of custom durations, for example if I’m targeting an A race with 6.5 minute climb and a 13.2 minute climb. Would like those along with list of standard durations (5s, 1 min, 5 min, 20 min)
8 Likes

I believe Golden Cheetah benchmarked these standard time intervals and that was the first thing I looked at after every hard ride. They also showed you the date of your previous best effort. It would be nice to have easily referenced performance benchmarks here.

2 Likes

I think something like Peaks and then the list. We should be able to compare our records. The graph is complicated plus it misleads

1 Like

Another vote for the buckets to supplement the graph.

1 Like

Nate…Please bring this feature!!

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Agreed, the graph is hard to read for small improvements and makes you have to pick out individual pixels. The graph plus buckets with the ability to define custom a duration would be perfect.

1 Like

Another vote for bucketed records here.

Cheers

2 Likes
  • 1 for this feature. I’d like to be able to see at a glance my 1 sec, 5 sec, 1 min, 5 min, 20 min and 60 mins best for the current year and all time.
3 Likes

Go the buckets!

2 Likes

Buckets are great.

What might be an easy win in the short term would be simply colour coding the records differently on the graph rather than overlaying whichever of the records button you clicked. Seeing the new record is nice but it’s less fun when I have to go digging into the PR chart to see what the old number used to be.

1 Like