Feature request: display live FTP%

It would be great to me, because it’s a quick&easy way to match my hometrainer power to my assioma outdoor activities.

2 Likes

Already requested.

1 Like

From reading his question, my assumption is: he’s requesting to display %FTP instead of absolute watts. E.g. 65% instead of 130W (based on 200W FTP).

But maybe I’m wrong with that.

3 Likes

I turn on my Garmin at the same time if I want that.

1 Like

@dr3do you’re not wrong: that’s exactly what i’m interested to

1 Like

Customizable fields (same amount of fields, so no change in layout, Just different data) would be great.

From what I know / have seen there have been requests (Reddit, Facebook, YT, e-mail) for that.

Yes I would love customizable fields. I’m happy with the “main” fields, but it would be nice to be able to customize the fields on that secondary page that you get to by swiping the zoomed in graph.

1 Like

Has any thought been given to be able to modify the view on Tr software ( examples-removal of time left of intervals- adding hhr%-ftp%-lap time, Time in zones -hr zones , etc) this would prevent from having to used multiple devices to capture data.

We are a 100% power-based company, so we have no plans to display HR based information in the future, however, we have had some interest from users in displaying their FTP in terms of %FTP rather than watts. I am going to merge this topic with that existing topic.

1 Like

In addition to the %number, what would be nice in that regard is this:

color code an area at the top of the interval power bars that shows the % of FTP range (or zone) set forth in the workout instructions. For example, if coach Chad says 85-92% FTP then the top part of the power bar in that range on the app would be green and the rest below a different color. That would make it easier to adjust intensity on the fly. (Zwift and Garmin do this on workouts where a range is specified).

We’ve requested ‘colors’ for zone correlation in the past and been shot down. The company line is roughly, we don’t need to know that info during the workout.

I disagree and would like to have them (as on of the prior requester’s).

2 Likes

Love the idea of colour coded also I would
To match the colour to the item heart rate in red power in blue etc

Has there been any more consideration to custom display fields or adding a %FTP to the display screen? After listening to the recent discussions on the Podcast for Polarized training plans, %FTP seems to be a value of interest to a lot of TR users. Plus, as I use a smart trainer with ERG mode, the Int HR, Int Pwr are redundant values that don’t provide me any meaningful information. Unlike %FTP.

Actually, when pushing workouts as outdoor versions to my wahoo i can customize the data fields and add %FTP.
The app does not yet offer customization unfortunately

Until this feature has been added:
As all of us are looking out for new challenging while working out: maybe just use some math on the go…

87% of 311 FTP at 187bpm cant be too difficult… :slight_smile:
Might be even motivating: 100% of 311FTP at 199bpm is definitely easier to calculate … so keep pushing!

1 Like

Bumping this to the team again. Cheers!

1 Like

That’s a good point, work the mind and body at the same time.

1 Like

As a bonus, if you find you can calculate this without too much effort then you can safely bump up the intensity. :grinning:

2 Likes