Feature Request: Instruction Text Toggle on Screen

Would love to be able to turn off in-ride instructions from the main screen. When those last few intervals come around saying it’s “okay” to back-pedal, turn it down, etc… I find it actually ramps up the RPE and makes it distracting. It’d be nice to reach up and turn them off without going into the settings and either pausing the workout or extending the interval.

3 Likes

+1

Yes, this would be useful because sometimes I forget to turn it off, then get instructions about getting into a more aero position when I’m on my TT bike and already in the most aero position possibly…

1 Like

I’d like to be able to turn workout instructions on and off on the workout view screen whilst I’m riding. I usually really like the info but on something like Pettit that I’ve done a lot I don’t need the info but don’t want to go through to settings to turn it off mid ride.

2 Likes

+1, I’d love this as well! :+1:

I’ll also add to not pause the workout when going into Settings. I use the Android app and last time I went into settings it paused the workout (and yes, I was still pedaling).

Not sure if it was a glitch or intentional, but going into settings should not pause the workout. It’s always better to record all the data and let the person decide to cut it out later. But if it’s not recorded, there’s no way to ever get it back! :scream_cat:

2 Likes

+1 to this as well. After a while, I just want to ride and not wonder what I missed Chad telling me.

1 Like

This doesn’t help with mobile, but pressing T in the desktop app is a shortcut to show or hide the text.

3 Likes