Feature Request - Workout Notes in Calendar/Highlight Rides with Notes

Unless I’m missing something adding and viewing workout notes is a bit of a pain and not very user-friendly. I am using Chrome to view my calendar and if I want to add a note to a workout I’ve done I currently have to click on the workout to open a pop-up window with the workout in and then click it again which then opens a new tab with the workout details. I then have to scroll all the way to the bottom to add a ride note. Upon going back to the calendar there is nothing showing to highlight that I had made a note, and the only way to view it is if I do the same process again.

Seeing as the whole point of taking notes is for future reference and review it would make sense if we could easily see which rides we’ve added notes on while scrolling through the calendar and then just be able to click the ride to view the note in a pop-up or something.

It would also make sense to be able to add a note this way by perhaps adding some kind of shortcut in the calendar view.

7 Likes

Hey Tom,

Thanks so much for the suggestion! I totally agree and I think the workout notes could be much easier to access, and would ideally require far less clicking.

I have passed your suggestion onto the team for consideration :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

Update: I just heard back from the design team and making Workout Notes easier to access from Calendar is on our Development Roadmap :+1:

8 Likes

Excellent news!:grinning::+1:

1 Like

Are there any updates on this development!? Would seem it’s a super easy one to fix compared to all of the ‘big’ features that keep being added yet I find it really annoying that this still isn’t available. @Nate_Pearson has mentioned a few times on the podcast about taking notes but this doesn’t really work on trainerroad yet and is basically a useless feature right now.

Currently I cannot scroll through my calendar and see which rides have notes in them. I just have to guess and I simply do not have the time to do that.

Please please fix this. I want to be able to take notes on my rides and then look back on them and easily see which ones have notes and to be able to view those notes quickly and easily (without having a other tab open with the whole ride details on it)

Thanks

Tom

1 Like

I’d like a way to tell which workouts I’ve made notes on. I only make occasional notes, but when I do they are usually significant, and I’d like a way to find those workouts/notes easily.

1 Like

Not necessarily a perfect solution, but:

1. View the Past Rides section under your Career on the web.
  2. Scroll and load, then you will see any workouts with notes right on screen.

Edit to add link to more detailed version of this suggestion:

1 Like

Small suggestion. I was looking back trying to find a particular ride in order to read the note I left. I think it would save time hovering the mouse over a ride on the calendar screen and a popup with the ride’s note could be displayed. Loading each ride and closing it eats a lot of time when searching for something. I think I would end up leaving a lot more notes if I could read them efficiently. I know @Nate said he was big on creating notes. Thoughts?

We have a good solution for this but we haven’t had the dev resources to execute it yet. It was pushed so we could get Plan Builder out (which is in early access now).

4 Likes

When you add an event to your plan it asks you to select an event type. Can you add Fat Bike to the mountain bike categories? It’s just different enough and I have several fat bike races this winter in South Dakota. Thanks

Any updates on this?

It’s one of the things that I really find lacking on the Calendar view (which is already pretty good as it is).

2 Likes

@Nate_Pearson

Yes, its been a LONG time to wait for this.

1 Like

Fat biking is not a crime!!! Ok, it snowed 4 inches last night, it’s 7 degrees and sunny outside. My tires have 4 psi in them. Going to be a good day

1 Like

What is the status on this one? As recommended by the Podcast I wanted to access the notes and realized how hard it is…

Hey! Its pretty streamlined from your calendar now, just two clicks! Once you click on your workout from your calendar, selecting that upper right icon will take you right to the full workout description page with notes. :+1:
Is this what you were looking for I hope?

Hey, well thats really not that convenient.

Use case:
I want to review the notes from past year (months, quarter) to see how I have done and look for pattern. So basically reading the notes of many many workouts quickly. Ideally would be some kind of mouseover.

What I am using now is past rides, which is okay, but unfortunatelly I dont see the rest of the calendar an annotations. In the annotations I have information about other things, such as travel, sickness or other…

1 Like

Got it! Will pass along to the team. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I added notes to a calendar entry (Race Event) which I typically never do, finding the event with the notes later based on all my other races is a PITA. Could we get an icon in the corner of the event (orange dot for example) highlighting that the entry has notes in it?

Thank you!

@markshearing I migrated your request to a related one here, so they are in the same place.