Good YouTube Racing - Videos for Training

Thanks! First race in 2019 is May 5th. Going for some wins this year after a strong winter training with TR and some big improvements in my FTP.

1 Like

Appreciate this, I have been using it the last few rides :wink:

not races but I like these videos very much
“Le grandi salite del ciclismo” by Cassani (great climbs of cycling history)

and one of my alltime fav … Monte Grappa

For some reason I really like to watch my own videos while training. I’m going to make a point to make more cycling videos this season.

Despite being surrounded by MTB trails, I’ve never done any MTBing myself and am not planning on doing any anytime soon, BUT… I’ve really enjoyed watching these MTB POV races and they’ve become my first choice for videos to watch during TR sessions.

Really liked the SickBiker’s race where he had to overtake dozens and dozens and dozens while descending through the trees like a loon (from @bradknapp’s list I think).

Keep the suggestions flowing!

That’s awesome. This is my first year back to racing, so focusing on finishing well.

1 Like

I’m hoping to record all of my MTB races this year.

I just recorded one from this past weekend. I’ve got some kinks to work out, like creaking and squeaking that’s annoying and the fact that my extended battery setup shut down before the race was over, but here’s the link if you’re interested!

The race starts out with a rolling start on one mile of pavement, then 2.5 miles of gravel before turning to solid single track for the rest of it. I’m gonna have to push harder next race at the beginning to get by the guys who are fast but not comfortable on single track :wink:

2 Likes

The 2019 Cape Epic (MTB) has all 8 stages on replay available on YouTube which is like 20+ hours of pro racing. They have previous years available as well. Some early drama/rivalry developes this year!

Vegan Cyclist has a lot of POV videos as well.

1 Like
3 Likes