Hammer power supply is dunzo

trainer

They are out of them on the Cyclops website (weak!!)…Do yall think it would be an issue just ordering one Amazon (same specs)? I really needed a ride tonight after a crap day at the office!

(if you are reading this Cycops rep, will my warranty be messed with)

If you match the output specs it’ll be fine. You’ll have to match the end plug that goes into the trainer. Check that’s a standard size or you may have to get medieval with your blown power supply plug and hack it onto the new one.

Had issues with my Cyclops Hammer, all pointed to the power supply. Checked output with a volt meter and it was pushing out power. Appears the socket in my cyclops is a bit dodgy, every few months it requires a wiggle. So if not already checked, bear that in mind!

One day I’ll get around to fixing it, when warranty expires… not worth the hassle of a return and being without it for a week!

Good news! Cycleops came through and was able to find a power supply and hopefully it will ship out today. Great service on their part

Hi guys,

I’m having some strange issues with the cord or socket. Sometimes the status LED is off, sometimes red and when i wiggle the cord or the plug it finally jumps to green. Is that something you were experiencing too?

Yes, think the location of the plug isn’t great and all to easy to knock and damage. Either that or some design issue.

Like I mentioned before, something is possibly loose inside, dodgy wire connection or something similar on my one, will get around to checking/fixing once warranty expires. It’s only needed re plugging /wriggling a few times in last 3 months so for me its not worth the hassle of a return.

If yours is still under warranty and doing it lots then I would go down the warranty route asap.

Just an update. In the end my plug was completely broken. As I’m living on a small island, sending the trainer in was no real option. I also was quite sure that the problem was with the plug or cable.

So I went to some electrician, showed him the power supply and he removed the plug and installed a new one. It’s a standard 5.5 mm x 2.1 mm connector. Did cost me less than $2. Now everything works like a charm again.

Thanks for update… might get one of those ordered in for when I get around to replacing the plug and socket… in the last 3 months it’s gone off twice, annoying as you can lose 30 seconds in a Zwift event, wriggling it again an it comes back on… far from ideal !

Yeah, before i could wiggle and wiggle. Now it sits tight again. So it was the plug and not the connector inside the trainer.