Have the plans changed?

Yep, @pirnie, small tweaks are being made and will continue to crop up here and there. None of them will add time to the workouts or detract from their quality, and just about all of them will be subtle if you notice them at all. But with our new insight into which workouts are the most effective and which are completed the least often, or perhaps with minimal adherence to the intended structure, we’re trying out various things in order to make them a better use of your time.

Put another way, we’re trying out small tweaks in our continuing efforts to make you all faster. The more data we pore over, the more we learn - we’re in a really unique and fortunate position that way.

When possible, I’ll leave the workouts as they are and I’ll just add an alternate version and maybe plunk that into a plan in place of what we’ve found to be a less effective workout or version. But you can still choose to do the other workout if you like.

Then when I do change a workout, it will be something along the lines of breaking up a too-long set of repeats, adding another minute or two of recovery between intervals that see riders failing early, or removing the initial ramps into intervals (these are mostly holdovers from my ergo-mode-centric views when I first developed those particular workouts).

I’ll try to keep the disruptions minimal, but when you notice changes just take that to mean we’ve found (or are close to finding) a better ways to increase workout success, improve overall performance, make you faster.

21 Likes