Headaches after training in heat, just dehydrated?

Thank you all for your help! I have started putting a NUUN tablet in my bottle when I ride and it seems to have made a big difference. I know that there are many other factors at play so I won’t say that it is iron clad that NUUN has resolved the issue for me but so far so good. Thank you thank you

1 Like

Thanks for following up. It’s nice to see an intervention/resolution, even if we’re not 100% sure NUUN was the fix. Could you imagine someone stumbling across this thread next summer and they’re like, “wtf, did you figure it out? I’m having the same issue!”

2 Likes

It seems having the electrolyte during the ride rather than 2 hrs after once you get a headache works better!

despite pissing clear

That’s where I am at. That’s why I am leaning to over hydration being a/the cause. I’m not 100% clear that is for me but seems to be. You could be right about the head on the head thing too and aero helmets don’t help with restricted airflow.

I’ll give an update since my last post. My theory of over hydrated is proving true for me. I now consume only 700ml for up to 2hrs with 4x20’s. I am sweating perfusly in temps over 30c and humidity over 80%. No headaches at all. I’m putting 500mg sodium (not sodium chloride) into that Hudson with another 15g of multodextrin (carbs). I’ve basically halved my water intake.

1 Like