How "New" is Rundle?

Is Rundle a new workout in the library? I saw it just a few days ago and finally had a chance to ride it this morning. What a great one! 33 VO2 max intervals at 115% with ‘just enough’ rest to keep it survivable for the senior TR users like me (50+). I did about 20 minutes of Laurel as a warmup beforehand, just to make sure I was ready.

It would be swell if TR workouts in the catalog had a “creation date” field, so we knew how recently they were added. Sure, I sort the catalog by newest first, but still it might be nice to know how recently a workout was published.

Either way, a fun one for sure. Kudos!

3 Likes

Given there have only been a handful of rides since late January 2019 it looks new.
Kudos to @chad to see he’s now going after Canadian mountains for workout names

Good find, it looks like good one!

Brand spankin’ new, @RONDAL. I just plunked that in a couple weeks ago, or so. And I’m always in need of mountain/hill/climbs names, so if you notice any holes in my geographic coverage, feel free to email suggestions to me!

5 Likes

That looks solid. It’s going in my calendar for sure. Just gotta figure out where… :thinking:

Would be interesting to bookend say a 4-5 week training block with Rundle at the start and something like Cloud Rest at the end…just to gauge improvement.

@chad I’ll have to send you a mountain book for the Canadian Rockies, no shortage of greatness there.

1 Like

… Saleve. An oddball of a mountain just on the edge of Geneva Switzerland.

@chad - I really enjoyed Rundle. My rides are marked ‘private’, but I assume the TR team can dig through that stuff anyway and see my numbers/data

1 Like

Here in the Bay Area we have Mt. Diablo so Diablo would be a good name for one of your more devilish workouts. :imp:

1 Like

Good one! How have I not used that yet!?

1 Like

Wintergreen Mountain here in Va!

1 Like

Or Kanchenjunga. A famous peak in the Himalayas (on the indian side).

1 Like

I reckon these might be doable at 120% - worth making a +1?

I made this one based on something Cannondale’s coach said in a GCN interview…
https://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/workouts/417262-40-20s-v2

Right next-door to Rundle…Mt. Norquay – ~6km long @~6%.

Not the steepest but fond memories.
It was my first year racing and the last regional championship race of the season.
I had never climbed a proper mountain and had no idea what lay before me. I just went all out.
(No, it didn’t take 43 Google minutes to climb.)

Finished 2nd by 3 seconds. Was super happy and also super P.O.ed. THREE SECONDS!!
Years later I learned the dude who beat me would later go on to race in the Olympics as a speed skater.
So, not that bad of a loss! :grin:

2 Likes

@chad how about Rainier? It’s one of the highest peaks in North America (especially if you exclude all the ones in Alaska)

1 Like

More in the Cascades not in TR, to name a few off the top of my head… Hood, St Helens, McLoughlin, and Lassen. And a few ski areas: Mt Bachelor, Mt Ashland, and Crystal.

1 Like

So good, Everyone! Keep 'em coming!

@chad If and when you start to dabble in some European names would absolutely love to see Königstuhl (could simply write it Konigstuhl). It means “Kings Chair” and is a testing local climb here where I live.

1 Like

Mt Umunhum was reopened last year in the South Bay. I haven’t ridden it, but hear it’s a good challenge. The name is fun to play around with, especially with the Strava ride titles.

Mt Tamalpais and Mt Hamilton are also local “hills”