I'm sick all the time! 10 courses of antibiotics in the last 15 months. Please help!

Navage isn’t on the same level like the Sinus (works with pressure: PARI SINUS (English) - YouTube and PARI Sinus Instructional Video HD EN - YouTube).

Antibiotics wipe everything out. Even taking probiotics is very hit and miss.

Contact these people:

Best lady to speak to is Gunilla Gerber. She is one of many very qualified natural health practitioners.

They also know people in LA or Clearwater/Tampa that may be of much help.

Good luck Nate.

My wife has just had to go dairy & soya free as our baby has a milk protein allergy.

Milk is in everything nice :frowning: and dairy free products all seem to have soya in them! Has improved life for my little girl no end though so it’s worth it.

2 Likes

Apologies if this has already been said, but have you tried HR variability to determine when and how hard you should train?
I haven’t used it myself, but it’s something I’m interested in.
Maybe you could get someone on the podcast to talk about it?

Yes I have. It’s pretty much like rolling the dice for me. Some days when I’m clearly sick and feel really bad it tells me to get after it, then other days when I feel outstanding it tells me to rest. I see no correlation between that and how I feel.

1 Like

Same. I gave up on it a few years ago.

Well worth the listen.

1 Like

Desperation is the lifeblood of pseudoscience and quackery. Be careful out there!

5 Likes

I’ve pulled together some blood work over the last few years. I just took another immune system test and I’m waiting for the results on that one. Once I get those I’ll start a new thread.

I have results from 2012, 2015 and 2016. I had at least 10 months off of cycling before my 2015 test. Not sure about my 2012 test.

2012 Highlights:

• Low WBC
  • Low IgG3
  • Low Neutrophils (Absolute)
  • Hematocrit (40) and Bilirubin were normal

2015 Highlights:

• Low IgG3
  • Testosterone was normal

2016 Highlights:

• Low IgG3
  • Low Pneumo AB Type 1
  • Low Pneumo AB Type 4
  • Low Pneumo AB Type 8
  • Low Pneumo AB Type 12
  • Low Pneumo AB Type 23
  • Low Pneumo AB Type 26

Low range test images

Full Blood Work Results
If you’re a doctor let me know and I can email it to you, you can email me at nate@trainerroad.com

Nate: You have an IgG3 deficiency. It was present on all the lab studies repetitively.
Sounds like IVIG is the ticket. Except that I shudder to think what your FTP will be if you continue to train without frequent interruptions. I guess the only excuse I have is my age.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2819500/

BTW, I am a Dermatologist.

2 Likes

Have you tried fasting? Studies show that fasting for more than 48hrs resets the immunine system.
I’m now intermittend fasting and up till now I feel better than before.

Any links to these studies? What exactly do you mean by ‘reset’?

Hi Nate, didn´t read 213 thoughts up, but try to 12-20 weeks of healing base training with max 5 workdays ( max 1 -1,5h ) at max of 60% ftp intensity, 45-50% better. One day in week try to do summary max 10-20min at ftp, no vo2max work… Several years ago I did it after about half year on antibiotics… I didn´t to get stronger but wasn´t ill next years… Best regards. Lubo

Not the exact study but:

1 Like

@Nate_Pearson REGO Cherry Juice | Recovery Gel | 20 Pack | Science In Sport

1 Like

Nate, without a doubt, you should not be getting sick like this. I just read a book by Dr. Phil Maffetone which may interest you. I hesitate to mention it only because I know part of his method involves some food testing and we all know you love your carbs! :slight_smile: . This is his website https://philmaffetone.com/

The book I read was The Endurance Handbook – MAF Shop.

It involves some lifestyle changes as well.

Take a look. If you have tried everything else, maybe something like this might be worth a try.

2 Likes

10 of these a day and I’ll be right as rain!

:bomb::boom::bomb:

Nate — After reading the attached article I think this explanation makes a lot of sense and is definitely worth looking into.

I totally agree. I have two remaining questions.

1. what’s causing the low immune system? Maybe it’s just the way I am.

2. how do I get insurance to pay for the treatment.

I think I’m good on #2 since I’ve had enough “low” tests and taken enough antibiotics. The only thing that’s left is a culture of my sinus gunk to make sure it’s bacterial.

If I can train and only get sick like once a year like most people…oh man…I can’t wait!!

3 Likes