Inside Ride Kickr E-Flex Trainer Motion System

Please share comments and video when you get one.

If the price really ends up at $399, then this is going to put massive pressure on Saris and the other existing commercial rocker plates. Hereā€™s hoping for the the $399 price.

Competition = good :smiley:

1 Like

I live in the Portland, OR area, and happened to notice on their webpage that InsideRide is here as well. Sent them an email and they let me purchase an early unit. (I paid full price and can confirm it is $399).

I have two rides on it so far (Baxter and Goddard) so not a lot of time on it yet. It does indeed move fore and aft, and I find this to be the best feature. It provides immediate feedback on pedal stroke, uneven pedaling and youā€™re moving all over, smooth it out and it settles down.

Iā€™m still getting used to the tilting and steering connection, but the second ride felt much more natural than the first. Larry (from InsideRide) provided me some instructions today that will help.

It does work with a 2014 Kickr. Turns out the flywheel offset (it is further outward from the center leg) is different on my 2014 Kickr so we had to ā€œpreloadā€ the system a little to get it balanced. InsideRide now has a permanent solution and Iā€™m headed over there tomorrow to have my unit upgraded.

I really like the way it feels, much more ā€œoutside rideā€ feel than just the Kickr alone. I donā€™t ride rollers and havenā€™t ridden other rocker plates so canā€™t compare.

Anyone know how to upload video to the forum? Itā€™s not letting me.

Let me know if you guys have any questions, Iā€™ll answer them if I can. (I asked Larry if it was ok to post that I had one, he said ā€œYeah, tell everyoneā€.)

8 Likes
  1. Post your video to YouTube first.
  2. Copy the ā€œShareā€ link from the YouTube source, post that link in the forum thread, and it will link to your video.
  • I think you can also use the ā€œEmbedā€ option, but I havenā€™t used that one in particular.

Thanks so much for the info. I am really excited to read the comments and am looking forward to the video. It kills me that they donā€™t have any videos posted yet. Their last official one is over 7 years old and seems crazy to me. They have a great product, but do a poor job on marketing (and their website is well behind the times too).

Iā€™d love to see them step up the game and get their stuff more seen and known.

1 Like

Second Chad on wanting to see the video - I just really need to see it in action before I pull the trigger.

And yeah - their marketing is terribleā€¦I asked them to post a video on their FB page and their response was basically, ā€œMaybe DCRainmaker will make oneā€ā€¦seemed really odd that theyā€™re relying on 3rd parties to do something so simple.

1 Like

Here is a quick (crappy) video of the movement. Iā€™ll make a ride video tonight or tomorrow.

2 Likes

I think you have the video marked as private on youtube - Iā€™m unable to viewā€¦thanks for making it!

How 'bout now?

Still private for me when I just tried.

It worked for me. Pretty keen to see it with someone on the bike.

Inside Ride posted a link to Tariqā€™s good review on their Floating Fork Stand via their FB page. I asked about a video and more info on the E-Flexā€¦ and they gave the same ā€œHopefully DCR will do oneā€¦ā€.

And what is wrong or impossible with the manufacturer making a debut video???

I just donā€™t get it. Youā€™d think they would want to take ownership of the initial presentation of a new product.

1 Like

Iā€™ll get it done soon. Keep in mind Iā€™m a 49 year old recreational cyclist - DC Rainmaker I am not.

2 Likes

Video works for me nowā€¦looks good, canā€™t wait to see it ridden

1 Like

For those that can view the video, what region are you in?

I am US based and wondering it there is some other restriction besides the typical public/private setting?

Iā€™ve got my video and post going live tomorrow morning my time. My video is done, just need to export it out and upload it in the morning. And then wrap a post around it. First-look style post after roughly three rides now.

The video includes three concurrent camera angles and the Zwift screen in real-time. Well, three cameras till the one on the ceiling fell off the ceilingā€¦then it became two camera anglesā€¦

8 Likes

SWEEETTT!!! :+1: :star::1st_place_medal:

Ha, perfect. Iā€™m out.

1 Like

Also US based

1 Like

Video is working for me now. Looks like it moves as expected fore-aft and lean via steering input. Thanks for the video. I love the concept of this add-on.

Glad to see it works with a 2014 Kickr! Will probably replace my homemade rocker plate with this once it is released

2 Likes