iPad Feature Request: enable splitview

ios-app

I’d really like to be able to watch a show at the same time as my workout on my iPad. While I could obviously use my mobile device, this has become a bit more precarious since I’ve been doing some workouts on rollers and I try to stay looking forward rather than down.

I put together a very simple mockup for what I’d like to see

(I know this is a somewhat niche request, but figured I’d post it anyway)

5 Likes

I would also appreciate enabling splitview! I currently run TR on my phone and video on an ipad, but would love to only have to deal with one device.

0 Likes

+1

0 Likes

I like that idea.

I’d also like to see the app fill the screen on the new iPad Pro 11". Right now there’s space on the left and right because the app is not adhering to the new form factor.

1 Like

+1

0 Likes

+1

0 Likes

I have a vague memory of Nate addressing this and it being a hardware issue that they can’t yet work around. I may be wrong though

1 Like

That jives with my limited memory as well. Seemed like a literal limitation via iPad/Apple, not a TR issue.

0 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to submit this request! As others have pointed out, we are currently unable to add support for splitview within the TrainerRoad App due to the way the app is currently built.

That being said, splitscreen is something that we would like to someday implement, it will just require a major restructuring of our app and a lot of Development Resources. So while this is not on our immediate roadmap, as we complete projects and development resources free up, we hope to dedicate resources to this.

Sorry that I don’t have a more concrete ETA, but I hope that I was able to shed some light on our future goals and direction :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Bryce

5 Likes

TR iPad request

Thanks! Totally makes sense that app architecture might prevent it.

Hope we get it see it someday, but until then I can obviously use other solutions :slight_smile:

1 Like