Join us live for Episode 230 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast where we’ll share what we learned at IRONMAN World Championships, the effect of L-Carnitine on endurance performance, how to alter your taper for specific races and much more. Tune in to YouTube this Thursday, October 24 at 8 am Pacific!
Youtube Live Video:
Topics covered in this episode:
- Kona athletes recap from Ironman World Champs
- Coach Jonathan’s experience of being hit by a car
- Integrating standing in your TrainerRoad Workouts
- The effect of L-Carnitine on endurance performance
- How does a taper differ between types of races?
- Should gravity racers train cardio differently than other cyclists?
- Nutrition tips for enduro racers
- How to keep your bottles from falling off the bike
- Is cadence and precision important during recovery intervals?
- Coach Jonathan’s Recent Ramp Test
- Job opportunities at TrainerRoad!
- Bontrager Flare RT Bike Lights
Nate’s new Pivot Mach 4 SL with Live Valve:
- Lee McCormack’s Dialed: The Secret Math of a Perfect Mountain Bike Setup
- Androgel (testosterone gel)
- Global DRO
- Rip Row (MTB Training Tool)
- XLab Gorilla XT Bottle Cage
- Specialized Rib Cage II with Tool
- Specialized Zee Cage II
- Seth’s Bike Hacks: Which Water Bottle Cage will Survive the Bottle Smasher?
- Active Recovery After High-Intensity Interval-Training Does Not Attenuate Training Adaptation
- Time Crunch 30 & 45 Training Plans