Let’s see some Tri/TT rigs

Here’s mine in full training mode, 2 Bontrager Flare R’s, 1 Fly 6 in the back and two Bontrager Ion’s up front.

You can just take a PVC with a slot cutout on the rear of the seat post to make most lights, especially the Flare’s (with an extra o ring acting as an extender).

10 Likes

Jesus, that should come with a nsfw warning! Very tasty.

1 Like

I’ve noticed I forgot to post mine. Will be upgraded to 11 speed over the winter (as soon as I figure out which bottom bracket to install while switching to shimano)

6 Likes

I think the Speed Concept uses a standard Trek BB90, so you should be able to use something like this: Trek BB90 Bearings | Shimano Bearings | BBInfinite

Thanks. As it’s an old frame it currently has a pressfit GXP. As far as I can tell I should be able to replace that with pressfit hollowtech.

1 Like

Alden-Carbon has some not insane priced arm cups with a 15 degree angle. If paired with a high rise bar you can get the hands up reasonably high. I like the Zipp aluminum extensions.

Extensions can be custom fabricated easily enough if commercial stuff doesn’t do the trick for you. 0.875 diameter 6061-T6 tubing x 0.125" wall (most extensions are 22.2 mm which is 0.875 OD tube). Same for wedges to add angle but that is more fiddly.

1 Like

Here is my newish Canyon Speedmax CF, still working on the fine tuning after a first bike fit.

19 Likes

Felt IA16, upgrading as I go. Now has Ultegra drivetrain, 165mm cranks as recommended by bike fitter (Phil Burt), and just took advantage of SwissSide’s 30% sale.
It’s faster than me, for now!

21 Likes

Thought I post a picture of my TT bike in its pre Kona guise a couple of days before the race.

ADR Nero frame
HED Jet 9 Black rear wheel, no discs allowed in Kona
Mavic CXR 60 front wheel
Tyres are Continental Supersonics, 20mm in the front and 23mm in the back
55/44 Rotor aero chainrings, Power2Max PM and an 11-28 cassette
SRAM etap 11 speed
Digirit oversized rear cage
Tririg Omega X front brake
Unbranded Aero cockpit with 3D printed wedges to angle the bars to 15 degrees and bring them closer together
Xlab aero bottle on the downtube and a Profile Design BTA cage
Flat kit is tucked under the saddle with electrical tape!

18 Likes

It’s looking like it’s ready to do some damage out there tomorrow, @JulianM. Best of luck!

1 Like

Thanks for this. Apologies for the late reply :blush::raised_hands:t4:

1 Like

Here is my new rig.

19 Likes

Boardman ATT 9.4, pictured here (facing left) fresh from the National 12hr TT here in the UK back in August. Dual Di2. FFWD full carbon Rear disc. Recently rebuilt 38mm front wheel. Bought second hand and ridden for around 70 TT in last two years. Off the saddle bottle system was fitted as a one-off for that event and had to cut long tail off the ISM saddle to make it fit.!

Other photo (facing right) is normal config with deep section FFWD 90mm front I use on relatively calm and fast days as it can be a handful.
20190812_092623|690x388

9 Likes

Here’s my TT bike.
Built on a bit of a budget, so it’s the aluminium version.
Still works well enough to get me some podiums. In this pic, I’m on my way to winning the open ing TT of a CAT4 stage race.
My position has changed a bit for this year: a little lower with higher hands.

16 Likes

20180915_152731

16 Likes

I had a chance to officially test my first TT setup this weekend. On a flat out and back with numerous turns and a steady cross wind, I averaged 27.2mph and 313watts for 11 miles (just over 24 mins). I built the bike up for States this year so I’m hoping to find a little more speed. I have very little tt bike experience and just played with the adjustments on the fly until I felt somewhat comfortable.

Any feedback is appreciated.

:slight_smile:

7 Likes

This was the last years best TT
105mm Fulcrum redwind front tubeless
mavic disc with a pro limited tube
58T Pyramid Design chainring
Velotec speedsuit
And I forgot my overshoes

It was a closed road and I look at road most of the time.

4 Likes

My Argon e117 tri di2… just needs a disc wheel to finish it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

2018 SC Project One. (Pacific with Anthracite logo)
Quarq
Zipp 808/Super 9

7 Likes

So excited to finally have a legit Tri bike after 5 years of being in the sport. My 4-year-old daughter named it the ‘sweaty bike’ :joy:

11 Likes