Let's see your paincave!

I’m bringing this over from the Facebook group since this seems like the most relevant place for it. For a long time I trained in the living room with a computer (entertainment) and laptop (TR). I spent a good deal of time thinking about how I could make the best set-up possible and over the summer built out my pain cave. It’s pretty dialed in now, it’s a great space that I want to go and train in without bothering the rest of the family. I think the only thing that could be improved would be replacing the trainer with a direct-drive model, Kickr18 is what I’m considering. That said, the Snap continues to dish out unrelenting pain without complaint. I think my favorite thing is actually the Sagan photograph. I watched him win Paris-Roubaix while doing a TR workout. He went on a long range attack to beat Silvan Dillier, both of them emptied the tank with an amazing sustained effort. I imagine that my long Sweet Spot intervals are helping me get a little bit closer to being able to do that myself.

152 Likes