Let's see your paincave!

@MI-XC No the bike is fitted and I have no issue with it for the last few years. :+1:

3 Likes

Can you juggle chainsaws at the same time?

The one I saw recently on a GCN setup video is to sit with your leg straightened with your heel on the pedal. That way way when you are in your normal for position your one will be all slightly bent.

That is one of the oldest methods for saddle height around. Literally decades old.

• It’s not horrible, but you have to recognize that the variations in the person, shoes, pedals and such will all impact the results.
  • Not to mention the tendency for people to rock on the saddle when doing the leg stretch, that can influence the results as well.

There are several other methods that can be done via calculations based on inseam as well. In any event, it’s useful to have a check from another person to see how it looks in motion. A camera can help if you don’t have someone able to watch.

But as this is all off-topic, we should probably start a dedicated fitting thread if we want to go further.

2 Likes

Please, create one.

These two articles would be relevant, regarding saddle height:

2 Likes
4 Likes

6 Likes

I just bought a Shiv and need to finish the build.

How do you like yours?

I like it a lot, but full disclosure…first week on it and first tt bike lol

1 Like

Looks like you’ve got an interesting session ahead of you :wink:

Ok…wowsers. We have a heatwave in Australia at the moment and the shed it getting up to 45 degrees plus after 7:30pm (when kids are asleep). I have three fans and a cooler.

Any cooling tips? I cannot train in the morning as the wife likes sleep ins and if one of the young children wakes up early I’m a dead man if caught on the trainer!!!

2 Likes

A few changes. Pulled out the spin bike for my wife and changed my Stevens to an older Giant TCR which will likely become a dedicated trainer bike.

5 Likes

Handlebar clothes hook!

1 Like

So much space! :+1:

Nice pic :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nebraska real estate! Lol

1 Like

only got a tiny flat, so my bikes are in my living room. got a custom phone mount for a Samsung Galaxy A3 with ANT+ (Custom Phone Mount - TrainerRoad Blog) as well as a JBFlip loudspeaker.

from my bike I can either watch the wall or the road outside. Laptop for watching youtube optional :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Too be honest I have the same problem but have been avoiding it.

One suggestion I have heard is ice on your back (in a stocking). Cools the body and as the fan hits it cools well but I haven’t tried it.

Otherwise I know ryobi have a misting fan that you can get at Bunnings. Sprays a water mist with the fan. Something like that might help but you might also just be drenched at the end of the workout.

Let me know if you get any good solutions.

1 Like

How do you find having a phone mounted on your bars like that? I have a similar mount for when I need to nav on a ride IRL, but I’ve assumed if I tried to put my phone on it for a TR session I’d just dribble sweat all over it and render it unusable!

works pretty well for me and I’m a heavy sweater. with the fan and a towel I got no problems whatsoever.

just recently got the newer version of the A3 (A3 2016/2017 which I think it’s are of the best phones out there - price, size, quality), I just keep the old one solely for workouts or listening to podcasts etc. the newer one’s IP68 waterproof as well

4 Likes