Let's see your paincave!

I had hard time locating the bikes at first :slight_smile:

Thanks! I have the fans like that because it is the most convenient. I already had them laying around so I used them. The fan in front to my right is plugged into a wireless remote controlled outlet from Amazon. I turn it on just after my warm up. The fan to my left can be turned to face either the bike or treadmill and I can reach it to turn On or Off manually. I only use the fan to my left during really hard sessions. For long or easier rides one fan is enough.

I have an actual CAVE for my current paincave.

Moving flat in 2 weeks so will have a far less medieval dungeon decor and hopefully a nice new cave shot to add to thread.

Still, part of me will miss the batcave …:skull:

23 Likes

Cables everywhere, but it gets the job done.

Minutes feel like hours in here…

8 Likes

How does your monitor not topple off the boxes lol

3 Likes

It’s all in the balancing… Can’t bring myself to buy a proper stand for it when this one works absolutely fine lol

2 Likes

FWIW, I’ve never had my dogs come anywhere near the trainer when I’m riding. They’re more scared of it than they are curious. YMMV.

1 Like

Yeah, same here. Well, my cat anyway. My dogs never get the opportunity (my office is where the trainer lives, but also the litter box, so the dogs aren’t allowed in my office at all).

On the other hand, I usually crate my dogs if I’m on the trainer and no one else is home, because they can get up to mischief in the rest of the house and I won’t hear it over the headphones and the fan.

How do you fair with those fans at that distance and angle?

New addition to the cave. The front roller on an old pair of rollers my son picked up broke and couldn’t be fixed or replaced reasonably so a little DIY to transform it into a fixed trainer. It’ll get bolted into place when I get his bike on it (that’s my track bike) because his is longer wheelbase

15 Likes

Hack or bodge? I vote hack!

2 Likes

Here’s my humble abode:

and here’s the view to the rear:

and the view beyond that:

12 Likes

My dogs are a bit too curious with the bicycle wheels that it scares me. So right now I crate them while I ride, if I leave them out in a different room they tend to destroy things. I feel guilty having them in the crate though, they’re in there all day while I’m at work already! So having them in the crates while I’m riding is no good.

1 Like

They do pretty well! The fans are powerful despite their size. I like the angle I have them at as they still hit my face, but they also get the side of my body really well. I find I’m actually cooler with this setup than I ever am riding outside (in the summer anyways).

Just moved mine around. Pretty satisfied with the result.

43 Likes

You had me at the 848 :smiley:

1 Like

What vertical mounts are those? Also interested in the padding on the wall behind the hanging bikes. Looking to do something similar, just on a smaller scale (1-2 bikes).

Thanks mate. I Used one og these. I live in Denmark (EU) comes from a local bike shop. The bike hangs in the pedal. Looks neat and is stable too:-).

Like the Mount for the Bianchi They are from a local bikeshop here in Denmark. But They look like this. Works Awesome. They have room for an 80 mm deep wheel, But Thats the limit.image

1 Like

Oh Didnt see your second question the first time:-). Its nor padding. Just painted the Wall Dark Blue, or rather My wife did:-)

1 Like