Let's see your paincave!

Only downside is sharing the room with the litter boxes for our cats.

4 Likes

I’ve just switched to a Fire Tablet and it’s been rock solid so far (Tacx Neo, Stages Power Meter and Wahoo HRM).

I do reboot it before each workout just to make sure nothing in the background is getting in the way, so it might be worth trying that.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback I will give that a shot!

Finally got a permanent setup today.

5 Likes

Have you tried Zwift on the Fire Tablet? That seems to be the biggest hurdle with android based tablets.

I’m afraid I don’t Zwift so I don’t know (I am in IT thought, and I know it’s a lot harder to do stuff on Android than iOS because of all the different hardware options that are out there), particularly around the graphics chipsets.

The Fire tablets are not the fastest around (hence why they are fairly cheap).

1 Like

12 Likes

Work in Progress.

10 Likes

I think I’ve seen this in a horror movie before :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

I have to say that I’m not seeing many ‘caves’! I’d be chuffed if my living room looked as tech’d out as shown in a few of these shots :laughing:

3 Likes

Smart idea those walls, in case you have a mental break down :wink:

7 Likes

what is the black thing in the wall behind the hanging bike? Crawl space access?

Love the planks on the wall behind the monitor.

I like the laptop mount! Got a link to it?

A window. I plan on cutting it out to put a glass door in with a small deck out there for conference calls, take the trainer “outside” or just more cold air in the winter.

The brand is Ergotron - they seem to sell a lot of wall mounts of various types. I couldn’t find an exact match on their website to link you to though. Truthfully, the wall mount came with the house. I just moved it to the basement from a bedroom so I could use it for training. It looks like similar stuff retails around $200. It is useful as a set up.

13 Likes

This is my cave. Watch the 2 hour live or recorded podcasts on my iPad , big speaker under the fan in front. Have the TR workout on my plugged in iPhone (on the lower level of my tripod with food there too.) controlling the Tack Neo in Erg mode. Currently in SSB II Hi Vol . I’m facing the windows in my garage double door so I can look outside and watch it snow!

9 Likes

This is the one I have

Fits a Vesa compatible arm.

1 Like

Here’s mine! I’m fortunate to have a dedicated “nook” area in my apartment that keeps things out of the way and tidy. Another bike is on the way so will round out that lost bike rack spot ;).

21 Likes

@KorbenDallas, damn that looks nice!

1 Like